Any freight ops that have SIC?

Apply to Sierra West now , you will be flying about 600hrs per year in the metros. They have a class starting Jun 16.

Air Cargo Carriers is currently seeking candidates for a new hire class for the end of this month. Get your stuff in quick if you're still looking. Good luck!

If I were your student I would be a little upset with the unnecessary "cross country practice" every flight.
My students never had issue with it, and there is more to flight training than doing pattern work. I see nothing wrong with practicing maneuvers and such en route to another airport and doing some landings there then returning to your home field. It's a good way to help students learn about maintaining awareness, using landmarks to orient themselves. Navigate via landmarks, use on board navigation equipment, etc. Asking them to locate things on the sectional they see on the ground while flying, which also brings in the "realistic distractions" part of training. Unless you don't feel any of that has value.

If I were your student I would be a little upset with the unnecessary "cross country practice" every flight.
Don't forget it depends on what the student's goal is and what regs the training is being completed under.. If you can mix private and instrument training with some X-countries that big ole 50 hour XC requirement for an IFR rating (part 61) gets mighty small. If you develop your lessens properly the XCs would likely save money for a student in the long run.

My students never had issue with it, and there is more to flight training than doing pattern work. I see nothing wrong with practicing maneuvers and such en route to another airport and doing some landings there then returning to your home field. It's a good way to help students learn about maintaining awareness, using landmarks to orient themselves. Navigate via landmarks, use on board navigation equipment, etc. Asking them to locate things on the sectional they see on the ground while flying, which also brings in the "realistic distractions" part of training. Unless you don't feel any of that has value.
It has value, but it is not necessary on every flight. Or even the majority of them. Flight training is already expensive as it is. As a flight instructor you not only have a duty to produce a competent pilot, but in my opinion you should have a duty to avoid unnecessary cost.

It has value, but it is not necessary on every flight. Or even the majority of them. Flight training is already expensive as it is. As a flight instructor you not only have a duty to produce a competent pilot, but in my opinion you should have a duty to avoid unnecessary cost.
The use of "every flight" was used twice. Both times by you, not by me. Just like "every flight" is not just pattern work. It's a suggestion to help get more cross country without harming the student. I shouldn't even have to explain this, but of course its the internet and people like to read things into stuff, and assume the worst.

Back