Any charters DH/repo LA area to DFW Sunday or Monday?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
Doesn't hurt to ask. Sure as hell would beat the airline suck. PM me your email and I'll set you up on the Private Jet Empty Legs FB page.

Doesn't hurt to ask. Sure as hell would beat the airline suck. PM me your email and I'll set you up on the Private Jet Empty Legs FB page.

Giving some random guy on the Internet a ride on the bosses bird sure goes beyond my risk/reward analysis. A friend or associate is one thing, but I think it's pretty ballsy to ask for a ride on a web forum. I would absolute NOT have done this when I was a corp guy.

Giving some random guy on the Internet a ride on the bosses bird sure goes beyond my risk/reward analysis. A friend or associate is one thing, but I think it's pretty ballsy to ask for a ride on a web forum. I would absolute NOT have done this when I was a corp guy.

I didn't get to, but a crew from our charter management company gave a load of commuting Air Whiskey guys a ride to ORF when their RJ flight got canceled out of IAD.

Any issues with that?

Seems like an excellent way to network. Would have to have some kind of vetting process. If the airline guys let some corporate guys on their planes shouldn't the corporate guys reciprocate?

Yes, but when airline guys let corporate guys on the plane, they vet them with TICKETS!

You're right. I apologize. I'll advise operations that any 121 pilot requesting a ride on an empty leg should have to pay full price. If you think buying a ticket is a vetting process you might be part of the reason people are willing to charter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get to, but a crew from our charter management company gave a load of commuting Air Whiskey guys a ride to ORF when their RJ flight got canceled out of IAD.

Any issues with that?

Well, if you (or your co-worker I guess) were comfortable with that I'm sure they appreciated it. Not really sure how some "random" airline guys would make their way from the terminal in IAD to Landmark and bum a ride though. I'm thinking at least one of them was friends with your buddy. Weird thread, that's for sure.

Sorry to cause such a stir and for the apparently inappropriate post. Was just looking to save some bucks.

If a buddy of mine could fly private as opposed to airline I would help, money or tickets aren't the issue. I'd rather fly in a 172 from KBUR to KLAS than deal with the hassle of the airlines. But I'm also a glutton for punishment.

OK. Mercy. I get it... Some of you find my request out of line. While JC seems not to have been the correct venue for it, the request itself seemed perfectly normal to me; I give guys repo rides all the time and am happy to do it. If it were up to me, I'd put an "empty leg" section on JC to make our lives easier, but that's just me.
So now that you have my contextual reference point, an apology, and my double secret probation promise never to do it again, perhaps we can drop it, eh?
Despite the mighty lashing to which I have subjected myself, if any of you ever need a lift someplace, I'm still happy to give you one. :)

Back