Any charters DH/repo LA area to DFW Sunday or Monday?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
OK. Mercy. I get it... Some of you find my request out of line. While JC seems not to have been the correct venue for it, the request itself seemed perfectly normal to me; I give guys repo rides all the time and am happy to do it. If it were up to me, I'd put an "empty leg" section on JC to make our lives easier, but that's just me.
So now that you have my contextual reference point, an apology, and my double secret probation promise never to do it again, perhaps we can drop it, eh?
Despite the mighty lashing to which I have subjected myself, if any of you ever need a lift someplace, I'm still happy to give you one. :)
Giving a lift is not the issue man. It's saving the company money that is the slippery slope.

I was in recurrent recently with a salaried captain that had to pay for his own airfare and lodging at recurrent. SMH

Giving a lift is not the issue man. It's saving the company money that is the slippery slope.
So I'm being excoriated because people think I'm trying to save my company money?!? Honestly, that didn't occur to me as an explanation for the virulence. Seems rather cynical. I'll argue with corporate execs the live long day about screwing employees, but that doesn't mean I don't try to teach by example and live as efficiently as possible. I prefer aggressive. Passive aggressive seems to degenerate quickly into the current US congress.
In the end, I'd just really rather not do the airline thing. Meeting cool new pilots and flying in a seat where I can see my feet is much more appealing to me.

I was in recurrent recently with a salaried captain that had to pay for his own airfare and lodging at recurrent. SMH
Damn. What cheap ass outfit is this? I cannot imagine expecting any employee to pay their own way for that. Man, things have changed. I need to get in line with the "motor oil" theory and save myself a boatload of money. :ooh:

Last edited:
Damn. What cheap ass outfit is this? I cannot imagine expecting any employee to pay their own way for that. Man, things have changed. I need to get in line with the "motor oil" theory and save myself a boatload of money. :ooh:

Part 91 for some car dealership.

So I'm being excoriated because people think I'm trying to save my company money?!? Honestly, that didn't occur to me as an explanation for the virulence. Seems rather cynical. I'll argue with corporate execs the live long day about screwing employees, but that doesn't mean I don't try to teach by example and live as efficiently as possible. I prefer aggressive. Passive aggressive seems to degenerate quickly into the current US congress.
In the end, I'd just really rather not do the airline thing. Meeting cool new pilots and flying in a seat where I can see my feet is much more appealing to me.
Than buy an airline ticket and if a cool new pilot happens to have a one way and offers than awesome.
Looking for one ways to save the boss money makes it an acceptable method of travel for them which is not ok.

Than buy an airline ticket and if a cool new pilot happens to have a one way and offers than awesome.
Looking for one ways to save the boss money makes it an acceptable method of travel for them which is not ok.
Copy.

You guys mean buy an airline ticket and get reimbursed by the company right? Or is personal expense a prerequisite of riding with someone else? I'm genuinely curious, I've never seen the question asked before and I wouldn't have predicted the responses. How does an individual incurring personal expense dissuade a company from continuing to force employees to pay their own way to training? Why would they care?

But there is only so much money - if pilots worked on being efficient then maybe they could be paid more.

Dollars matter. You absolutely want to save your flight department money. Contract & negotiating fuel prices. Hangar, ramp fee's, GPU, economic flight planning, and wearing your big boy pants and not being a scum bag with the expense account.

In this particular situation I personally would not be making any effort further then going to insert Part 121 airlines website and booking my ticket and never thinking about it again. You are going to recurrent, this is important, especially if you only train once a year. I wouldn't want the distraction or stress to save a couple hundred bucks on a 1 time item.

But there is only so much money - if pilots worked on being efficient then maybe they could be paid more.

Sounds good, but is probably an exception rather then rule. It comes down to the principal IMO. Tons of pilots out there operating inefficiently as hell making 6 plus figures, and on the flip side, there are tons of pilots operating efficiently as hell and saving their company money, yet they will continue to be paid below average.

Yes being efficient with fuel purchases, flying efficient, booking reasonable hotel rooms, shopping for airline tickets...all good ways to save the boss money.
This isn't hitching a ride back to college. It's training for so called professionals. Buy an airline ticket, finished end of story.

If one of my pilots pulled this stunt he would be fired on the spot and the owner would be told why. This segment is filled with rats and dbags willing to do anything to get a leg up by further declining from what this career used to resemble. Not in ma house!

Whoa y'all. This thread is getting heated! Sit back and enjoy this pic for a second! It makes your heart, and stomach, :)

c764a5f64cf23644f2861e3870aced23.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday with tacos!!!

It doesn't surprise me that so many pilot benefits and compensation has been chopped - the us versus them only wins if you have the $$$$. Your guys unilateral views are as damaging as the people flying for free!

It doesn't surprise me that so many pilot benefits and compensation has been chopped - the us versus them only wins if you have the $$$$. Your guys unilateral views are as damaging as the people flying for free!
What, precisely, is the point you are trying to make, here?

(Incidentally, I want my employer to make a lot of money - ridiculous amounts, if possible, and assimilate all other regional flying so that we can make even more. I say this with the expectation that the worker bees will be commensurably rewarded.)

Back