Any charters DH/repo LA area to DFW Sunday or Monday?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date
Mike, the whole reason they do it is because throwing the first few in jail is all it takes to break everyone else's spirit. When the first few get thrown in jail and the judge issues a huge monetary judgment, some of the strikers are willing to keep going, and a few even step up to take the lead. But then they get thrown in the slammer the next day, and then everyone gets really scared and the whole thing is pretty much over.

Must needs grow a pair. War boils down to saving the guy standing next to you. Everything you do in life will be insignificant...but it's very important that you do it.

As slow as AA operates, taxies around, and seems to work; I just assumed that they were doing business as usual during that time last year. :D
Unlike SWA who will run your ass over at every given opportunity. I swear you can see the Captains leaning over the yoke with that "look" on their faces.

Unlike SWA who will run your ass over at every given opportunity. I swear you can see the Captains leaning over the yoke with that "look" on their faces.
Still one of the biggest mysteries to me. I don't get it, they aren't running that stupid triangle route system down in TX anymore. Even then it wasn't appropriate.

Still one of the biggest mysteries to me. I don't get it, they aren't running that stupid triangle route system down in TX anymore. Even then it wasn't appropriate.

It's not a mystery. They explained it to me pretty clearly: the faster they taxi and fly, the more open time they can pick up, and the more money they can make. Shaving five minutes off of a leg may make the difference on whether or not they're legal to pick up that 10 TFP trip. The whole SWA culture is based upon greed.

It's not a mystery. They explained it to me pretty clearly: the faster they taxi and fly, the more open time they can pick up, and the more money they can make. Shaving five minutes off of a leg may make the difference on whether or not they're legal to pick up that 10 TFP trip. The whole SWA culture is based upon greed.
Ya I knew that.. Just still boggles my mind. I would rather taxi slow and be safe, than rush JUST to work more later. Stupid.

The vibe I have gotten, is that the pilots enjoy their QOL, their paycheck, and the way their company treats them which encourages them to get the job done. Unlike a certain company's MD-80s that take a 15 minute taxi to a gate that should take 5-10 minutes tops...

The vibe I have gotten, is that the pilots enjoy their QOL, their paycheck, and the way their company treats them which encourages them to get the job done. Unlike a certain company's MD-80s that take a 15 minute taxi to a gate that should take 5-10 minutes tops...

Perhaps the regulation is antiquated, but how long does it take to get from outer runways to the gate at no more than a brisk walk?

There's a happy middle ground between crawling and sprinting. Doing 30 knots is not safe. Doing 10 knots is not necessary to be safe. But I'd rather be going too slow than too fast.

There's a happy middle ground between crawling and sprinting. Doing 30 knots is not safe. Doing 10 knots is not necessary to be safe. But I'd rather be going too slow than too fast.

I agree, it was quite a stark contrast as a WN 737 came up right behind this MD-80 and slowed to a crawl in a hurry, and the WN pilot keyed the mic, "Yer makin' me late."

Good grief really....and they are always trying to get in front of you/calling the tower on most approaches and take offs. Serious case of ants in the pants. It's been that way for just years. I figure not only are the Captain and FO reading the checklists, they have an FA up there helping them to get through them so fast. I once watched one of their planes in SAN dive in there like a pelican going after a sardine ball. lmao

Back