Another Colgan Rumor

Seggy

Heard that the options for more Qs are pretty much a done deal. They haven't announced anything yet though to try to pinch Bombardier some more.

Bombardier made big changes to their factory, parts order, etc, in the assumption we would have to order more. Well their customer service hasn't made Colgan happy, so Colgan is trying to squeeze them out some more and delaying the announcement to keep the Canucks sweating.

Also, BIG announcements are suppose to be made this week. Might have to do with crew bases.

We shall see...

I heard something about a move towards the South!? This would be feeding a rather large innunashunal carrier.

Similar rumors???

i'm hearing a rumor about some big announcement/change having to do with basing due out next week. It may have to do with the reductions in flying taking place in Sept, and the fact that the earnings report for the last quarter is out. yep, we shall see

CO is NOT happy with delays they have to take due to crewswaps with outstation base crews.

Outstation basing generally doesn't work after a certain point. You're critical mass of reserves ends up where they can't be used.

Actually, Colgan has been looking for hangar space in Houston. Not just in IAH or HOU. They went so far as to consider KDWH! Only a single Q-400 would fit in our current maintenance hangar and the SAABs would have to sit outside; so they are looking for more hangar space.

I hope all this comes true! I did get to look at my first Q today during a repo to ALB.... Pretty cool, I might have to transition over. Specially if there is a southern base.

So, we're trying to kick RJ operators to the curb and reduce the number of subcontractors and block hours flown by such, yet, we're going to be adding TPs to the mix now? With the morons we have running things anything is possible.

The Q ain't your Daddy's ATR. That thing will out perform RJ's on a lot of routes under, oh who knows, under say 500nm. It's an impressive machine, and would do well in almost any system.

I could see that thing destroying a lot of routes out of SLC, say to someplace like Jackson Hole.

Out of curiosity, when were Q400s at Colgan announced in relation to the first vote to unionize? And, if a union is certified this time around, is there an existing employment contract that will be amended?

Out of curiosity, when were Q400s at Colgan announced in relation to the first vote to unionize? And, if a union is certified this time around, is there an existing employment contract that will be amended?

Tough times to negotiate changes. However, there is no question the payrates for the Q are atrocious and need to be improved. I'd be willing to bet those will be on the negotiating table come contract time. But again, time will tell.

Wonder how many planes Delta will award you down here? Skywest inc must fly 80% of flights outta here and its already pushing it with PCL, CMR, and Shuttle America out here...

So, we're trying to kick RJ operators to the curb and reduce the number of subcontractors and block hours flown by such, yet, we're going to be adding TPs to the mix now? With the morons we have running things anything is possible.

I agree...while it does seem like a good idea to bring some turboprops into the mix if they actually are as efficient as everyone says they are, but adding yet another DCI carrier would be stupid when you have guys getting furloughed from other carriers they already have. I guess it always goes to the lowest bidder...

Sure CO isn't happy about the crewswap delays but IMO, the real delays have to do with two specfic problems.
1. Sew
2. Ark

The delays down there are unbelievable--- I wouldn't mind flying out of anywhere besides that crazyness. Although I will say that ATC are terrific and hats off to them for helping us get on the ground safely last Thursday during our dramatic arrival.

We drove back from Newark to my base and beat the scheduled airplane by about 10 minutes... I hope things get better there-- the customers may revolt soon.

I wouldn't just blame Newark. Express is getting the job done just like they always did, no questions asked and all while dealing with the terminal A circus.

Back