Another Colgan Rumor

I'm sure it's a great plane, and would welcome at my own company.

But Delta has been pretty straight forward in what they plan to do with the amount of DCI carriers.

I suppose everyone can dream. If it ends up as such, great, good luck. Make sure you're meeting any contractual obligations - it's clear that Delta actually gives a #### about running an on time operation.

I wouldn't just blame Newark. Express is getting the job done just like they always did, no questions asked and all while dealing with the terminal A circus.

you're absolutely right-- you guys are quick. I also jumpseated with express the other day and it was a real friendly crew.
I guess Newark has always been just like any other place. The outstation delays we'll have to work on but I just wonder if the delays due to the congestion will ever get better- I heard something about government auctioning slots out of there.

Naw, Newark is NEVER goign to get fixed in my mind. Folks deal with the delays right now, and will continue to. There are some ways to fix things, but Continental has no interest in purusing options like not doing the traditional morning, afternoon and evening push. Ever depart at 4:00 p.m.? Newark is a ghost town! But at 2:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. it's goign to take you at least an hour to get off the field.

The only reason Colgan would acquire anymore flying is because the pilots on the Q are working for peanuts. 70+ seats and you guys are not even close to pay on comparable aircraft. Starts to look good to the codeshare when your costs are low, but look what that got them with Mesa.

Delta's not stupid. . .or as stupid as the majority of airline management. How about that? ;)

Hopefully an ALPA vote here soon will help improve conditions for our Colgan brothers.

Ahh the rumors are pretty good on the Q side. I had a captain tell me with a straight face that, ''Emirates has ordered 50 Q400's, and their going to be looking for a lot of pilots.''

Just look up Emirates fleet/recent orders and you can see why this one had me laughing.

I'm sure it's a great plane, and would welcome at my own company.

But Delta has been pretty straight forward in what they plan to do with the amount of DCI carriers.

I suppose everyone can dream. If it ends up as such, great, good luck. Make sure you're meeting any contractual obligations - it's clear that Delta actually gives a #### about running an on time operation.
:yeahthat: I dunno man, there's not really any room left in ATL for another carrier contractually. ASA is losing 12 turboprops with no replacements so now we're down really close to 80% of DCI ATL flights. If Colgan wants to come in here with 2 or 3 Qs be my guest, but I don't think anything more than that is possible.

Personally I think ASA should get any new turboprop flying out of ATL because one, we lost 12 ATRs, and two, we have proven we can operate out of the world's busiest airport with excellent performance numbers. Colgan coming in here would be nothing short of undercutting.

I agree...while it does seem like a good idea to bring some turboprops into the mix if they actually are as efficient as everyone says they are, but adding yet another DCI carrier would be stupid when you have guys getting furloughed from other carriers they already have. I guess it always goes to the lowest bidder...

Except TECHNICALLY not another DCI carrier if you look at it as Pinnacle Holdings....

I'll believe it when I see Qs in the Delta paint scheme. Be interesting to see what happens to the union drive at Colgan as well as our contract negotiations if this turns out to be true.

Except TECHNICALLY not another DCI carrier if you look at it as Pinnacle Holdings....

I'll believe it when I see Qs in the Delta paint scheme. Be interesting to see what happens to the union drive at Colgan as well as our contract negotiations if this turns out to be true.

This is probably a dumb question buuuut ... you mean the Q400s will be flying out of ATL for "Northwest"?

wonder where they were going when they were looking for a Q crew to take one to a place far far away for a day...

The only way I'll look at it that way is if they have PCL pilots flying them.

This is probably a dumb question buuuut ... you mean the Q400s will be flying out of ATL for "Northwest"?

Nah. Remember, Pinnacle already does DAL flying out of ATL. Colgan and Pinnacle are both owned by "Pinnacle Holdings."

Emu said:
The only way I'll look at it that way is if they have PCL pilots flying them.

Joe, I could hope, dream, sacrifice small animals, whatever. I highly doubt it'll happen. I'll be happy with a list integration with fences. The last thing I wanna see is "Oh, yeah. That flying you had on the -900 is gone. Due to fuel costs, we're buying more Q400s and giving that flying to Colgan."

Skywest inc must fly 80% of flights outta here and its already pushing it with PCL, CMR, and Shuttle America out here...

Daddy Delta I am sure can change that at their pleasure

I guess it always goes to the lowest bidder...

Just for clarification, Colgan isn't always the lowest bidder. Secondly your company is bidding less for the flying than mainline pilots are being paid.

The only reason Colgan would acquire anymore flying is because the pilots on the Q are working for peanuts. 70+ seats and you guys are not even close to pay on comparable aircraft.

On the E-170 Air Canada pilots are making a lot more than you guys are. So I guess you are not making proper pay on comparable aircraft types either.

Colgan coming in here would be nothing short of undercutting.

Like RJs have undercut mainline pilot contracts.

I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at Colgan for 'undercutting' the industry. Not fair at all for us to be labeled that way, unless everyone looks in the mirror.

Just for clarification, Colgan isn't always the lowest bidder. Secondly your company is bidding less for the flying than mainline pilots are being paid.

In his case his company dose flying that 50.1% or more mainline guys where to good to do.

On the E-170 Air Canada pilots are making a lot more than you guys are. So I guess you are not making proper pay on comparable aircraft types either.

Their CA rates are about the same. The dollar is weak right now, but I bet the CHQ guys where payed more the end of last year.

Like RJs have undercut mainline pilot contracts.

I wouldn't be so quick to point fingers at Colgan for 'undercutting' the industry. Not fair at all for us to be labeled that way, unless everyone looks in the mirror.

Mine hasn't, in fact we are mainlines bitch. The way it should be.

Wait...you mean mainline guys don't get paid $20,000 a year too? I had no idea! :sarcasm:

Back