Another Colgan Rumor

They were doing that crap to us more than a year ago on the Beech. To quote Die Hard, "Welcome to the party, Pal."

Great minds think alike.

Dear Slaab guys,

YOU WILL BE FINE!

Signed,

Your Colgan Air Manly 19hondo drivers

With 4 1/2 months left in the year, and the way this industry is, there is no way you can call it already.

Back in April HR at Eagle told me that they where going to hire 700 pilots for the year, and if they had 700 new guys in November, they would probably still run December classes. Well we know what happened a month later.

I didn't call it, the head of the training dept did. Seeing that I'm one of the guys doing IOE for ppl like you, the word got passed down that I won't be doing IOE for newhires or upgrades. Seems someone got some insight this weekend before the anouncements came out today..............

If colgan wants to save money, they need to go through the offices at HEF and can every third person. I didn't see the Army waste this much money in the 12 years I spent there. The colgan back office stupidity takes the cake.

It seems like there just isn't any preventive maintenance over on this side these days.

It's the number one guiding principle, "Never compromise $afety."

In order to get ground air on an airplane with a deferred APU, I had to tell ops I wasn't boarding passengers until the airplane was cooled off. The hose was hooked up, but the air was busted. Oh, and that APU? It had been deferred up to it's category limit, signed off for two legs and deferred again.

Back