Ameriflight

Shiner

El Capitan
I'm a few months away from 135 mins and was wondering if Ameriflight has anything for new hires down in the Phoenix area. I know they've got a base down here, just don't know if they hire into it. Any info on schedules/pay would also be appreciated.

They do hire into it but expect a chieftain first in PDX or OAK. Pay is marginal, and long days. Expect a quick up grade to 99 if they like you and willing to move to other bases. I expect lots of openings soon. 2 pilots in my base have interviews with Skyw next week and I expect them to take it if offered.

Why the outflow of pilots? I talked to AF a couple months ago and they said people weren't leaving like they had been. I was told 6 months ago I could of been hired directly into the 99 but to plan on OAK and a PA31 now.

The attrition is mostly because of the hiring market improving. AMF is only a stepping stone for 98% of the pilots.

They do hire into it but expect a chieftain first in PDX or OAK. Pay is marginal, and long days. Expect a quick up grade to 99 if they like you and willing to move to other bases. I expect lots of openings soon. 2 pilots in my base have interviews with Skyw next week and I expect them to take it if offered.
Why? for the schedule or do they want that turbojet / 2 crew time?

Why? for the schedule or do they want that turbojet / 2 crew time?

Probably. It's no secret that most majors/nationals desire 121 time over 135. I'd say it's not even so much the flight time as it is with networking. There really isn't any when you're on the other side of the airport. If corporate is your goal, this would be more ideal, but not so much if your intentions are to skip the regionals by doing freight. It's just not a common move.

Now someone that went to a pilot factory for training that still keeps in touch with their class mates would probably have a more realistic chance at taking this route to the majors. Or even being active on a forum like this and going to M&Gs/network JC.

Im thinking 2 crew time or need to chase some poon nanny with there buddies over at SkyW. But the last three metro dudes who left are flying 737 at Vision( a JC vegas job fair couple of years ago) and 737 at NAC and a KA some were over in the sand box for Dynamic. The last two 1900 guys are FOs over at SkyW

How long we're they with AMF and what kind of time did they have to get on with these operators? Any rough guess?

How long we're they with AMF and what kind of time did they have to get on with these operators? Any rough guess?
Probably about 2 years.
I imagine the reason they left is because the pay and schedule are both on the low side. SkyW sure doesn't pay any better, but the qol is. 73's for smaller 121 is a step up to. Like said above AMF is a stepping stone and places are hiring... just not 121 majors, but there's so much more flying out there for people with SPIFR than airlines, and places are hiring.

Probably about 2 years.
I imagine the reason they left is because the pay and schedule are both on the low side. SkyW sure doesn't pay any better, but the qol is. 73's for smaller 121 is a step up to. Like said above AMF is a stepping stone and places are hiring... just not 121 majors, but there's so much more flying out there for people with SPIFR than airlines, and places are hiring.

Corporate operators, high paying ones, have a serious hard on for Amflighters. The OMA guys need to cash in. Two times I've been asked if I work for them(which would imply turbine time), I say no I work for Flight Express in that FABULOUS baby blue 210 out there and they're like "Oh...".

Corporate operators, high paying ones, have a serious hard on for Amflighters. The OMA guys need to cash in. Two times I've been asked if I work for them(which would imply turbine time), I say no I work for Flight Express in that FABULOUS baby blue 210 out there and they're like "Oh...".

We're hiring

You guys would let me know if they start hiring directly into the 99s right? :)

I can't leave my pay now to go fly PA31s again even though I am currently in a twin cessna. Just too big of a pay drop to more of the same.

Back