Ameriflight hiring for First Officer program

floridabeachbum

Ameriflight is hiring for its first officer program. Must have all ratings and 500 hours at least to get looked at. (CFIs' not required )Training will take place on a EMB 120 with permanent basing currently in Seattle and Portland of course all subject to change. 6 to 8 months upgrade depending on your times then you can start logging multi engine turbine TPIC. If you're looking for gouge check out the Ameriflight interviews thread here on Jetcareers. Call recruiting at 818-331-6483. Hope this helps!

Can anyone fill us in on bases -senior-junior, schedules- I saw CVG has the worst schedules I also hear that some bases have day runs-can a new hire hold Miami?

Last edited:
There are no mins, just what they like ~900TT. AMF only has 8 E120s so I would be surprised if they need two classes worth of FOs. There are probably only 10 FOs on property. Most E120 runs are day trips out in the morning 3-6hr layover during the day back early evening late night. CVG is start 2100 layover for 3 hours fly back and land by 0600 (between 0600 and 2100 you are in a hotel away from CVG). I was an FO worked CVG and BQN (best base), if anyone has specific questions.

No seniority, just get based where they need you. A new hire could possibly go anywhere just depends where there's an opening. Expect to upgrade to captain position once you get 135 PIC mins. You will not be upgrading in to E120 CA, expect a 99, even metro & 1900 depending how desperate they happen to be. Do not upgrade into the Chieftain, if you've already flown the Brasilia.

Last edited:
There are usually 4 people per class, 2 FO's and 2 Captains. Sims are in Atlanta. One FO out of the last 4 that went through did fail out (1 Captain failed out as well).

There are usually 4 people per class, 2 FO's and 2 Captains. Sims are in Atlanta. One FO out of the last 4 that went through did fail out (1 Captain failed out as well).

Boyington, can you share with us what ground school and sims are like? I heard one person failed an open book indoc and that lack of ifr scan and not having flows/callouts is what get people. Is this true? What piece of advice would you offer those of us interested in this type of flying?

From the Bro class, from what I have heard at least, both failed during sims. I have heard of people failing the indoc test, but that is hard to do. The Korean FO's that do not speak English pass the test, so it can't be too hard at all.

All of AMF's type training's are just a lot of memorization. Start learning all of the limitations and flows ASAP!!! There will likely be at least 75-100 numbers you must have committed to memory - Temperatures, pressures, altitudes, amps/volts, weights, length/width/height, RPM's, torque, etc..... Make flashcards and study them several times a day. Sit in front of the cockpit poster for hours doing flows. Once you have all of that stuff memorized, then it is just a matter of flying the airplane. It is not uncommon for them to ask questions during training sessions about random topics that you are expected to know.

Definitely have the flows and limitations down before class. You get one week of indoc, one week of systems/flow practice, then you get one week of sims (ATL). Both the indoc and systems test are open book. I did all the Sims with another new hire FO, we didn't have any big issues and seemed like they wanted us to pass.

Spitfire, Boyington thanks for the input. Next class looking at October 17. No word yet on new hire Fo's. Recruiting said they would know better in a couple of weeks.

Definitely have the flows and limitations down before class. You get one week of indoc, one week of systems/flow practice, then you get one week of sims (ATL). Both the indoc and systems test are open book. I did all the Sims with another new hire FO, we didn't have any big issues and seemed like they wanted us to pass.
Spitfire do they send you the books before class? Or is there a website they tell you to log into to get that information before class

Spitfire do they send you the books before class? Or is there a website they tell you to log into to get that information before class?

With AMF, there is usually some info that will come a week or two before indoc. The rest you will receive in indoc.

FO's make $25,000 base.

There are runs that get extra "units", and per diem. FO's also do get the opportunity from time to time to TDY at other bases, and make extra money. If you are willing to work a little extra, and get a little lucky in base assignments, it is pretty easy to make over $30k.

Does the FO program have openings often, and is the pay livable? (college style living not a problem)

If you're talking about the Cheiftain FO program, I have heard you get $9.00 per block hour. Considering you block about 10-20 hours per week, not livable. Base pay for E120 FO (Not a program, just a job) is $25,000.

If you're talking about the Cheiftain FO program, I have heard you get $9.00 per block hour. Considering you block about 10-20 hours per week, not livable. Base pay for E120 FO (Not a program, just a job) is $25,000.

Spitfire5181 - thanks for clarifying this. I wasn't thinking about Chieftain FO thing that they are doing. The Cheiftan would possibly work for get the last 100 or 200 hours to 135 minimums for someone, but that is about it. The pay there is terrible.

Don't know if this has been asked before but where is initial and ground school held? Did you have to pay your way to get there? Where would you stay -does the company provide housing? I also hear pay during ground school is about nine dollars per hour and that it is only during ground school is that true?

Initial training is held in Dallas (? The company is moving this month) and hotel is paid for, it was double occupancy for me. One week of in-doc (not paid), then you start aircraft specific training. You're paid $9.00/hr until you pass the check-ride.I'm pretty sure you have to find your own way to training but don't quote me on it. For FO brasilia training plan on Indoc for a week, one week of Systems, one week of sims, then a week of IOE. Travel is paid for after indoc.

Back