American Reaches Agreement in Principal

I've flown with two music playing CAs so far at mainline. The first was overall a quirky guy but fun to be with once you figured out his mannerisms. The other was just a normal dude that liked good music. Setting up the cockpit to Greta Van Fleet, Grunge Rock, and early 2000s Nu Metal made for a good vibe since it's the type of stuff I like as well. I had a few songs bring back memories of when I was growing up listening to them, and learned about a few new bands that I either dismissed or never heard about. For example I always dismissed Greta Van Fleet as not being very original and just a modern day interpretation of Led Zeppelin but he actually changed my mind about it and I learned they have more depth than I originally gave them credit for. Now would I do it if I was in the left seat? Probably not, but I don't mind if the other person has good taste.

Last edited:
I've flown with two music playing CAs so far at mainline. The first was overall a quirky guy but fun to be with once you figured out his mannerisms. The other was just a normal dude that liked good music. Setting up the cockpit to Greta Van Fleet, Grunge Rock, and early 2000s Nu Metal made for a good vibe since it's the type of stuff I like as well. I had a few songs bring back memories of when I was growing up listening to them, and learned about a few new bands that I either dismissed or never heard about. For example I always dismissed Greta Van Fleet as not being very original and just a modern day interpretation of Led Zeppelin but he actually changed my mind about it and I learned they have more depth than I originally gave them credit for. Now would I do it if I was in the left seat? Probably not, but I don't mind if the other person has good taste.

Yeah, I'd buy this. If a CA was playing some solid rock, I'd probably be down. I wouldn't ever do it myself since it's super extraneous and possibly distracting, but if it was just a chill day waiting to push, thats fine.

I have been debating assigning "Yakety Sax" as my ring tone just to see if anyone in the crew room gets it when it goes off.

I fear that joke will fall flat, for I am Gen X! Hear me 'Meh'!
That's been my scheduling ringtone for about 5 years. For a while if I heard it playing out in the wild it'd send my heartrate up a few beats.

That's been my scheduling ringtone for about 5 years. For a while if I heard it playing out in the wild it'd send my heartrate up a few beats.
Empire’s theme song from Star Wars, works good, last long time.

I’ll play some music up front, but if I’m the only one up there/pax aren’t boarding.

Pop open the 73’s window, little Glenn Miller “Frenesi” or “Stardust” for doing all the touching of things on the overhead…makes for a mellow time.

Back