American Reaches Agreement in Principal

Mine is on silent for everyone….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I'm kinda surprised when I hear a phone ring in public these days. Only time I ever take it off full silent (I don't even use vibrate, if that is even still a thing) is when I am expecting an important call, which is very very very rare.

Yup. I'm kinda surprised when I hear a phone ring in public these days. Only time I ever take it off full silent (I don't even use vibrate, if that is even still a thing) is when I am expecting an important call, which is very very very rare.

You know what's hilarious that that if I accidentally knock my iPhone off silent and it happens to ring, I literally have no idea whose phone is ringing because I don't know my own ringtone.

haha "turn off your phone you imbecile!!!" [oh wait its mine]

Yes! Ringtones in the pilot lounge are second to the annoyance of people on an airplane watching videos without earphones.

haha "turn off your phone you imbecile!!!" [oh wait its mine]

One guy in one of my squadrons, when he would be CDO and there was a briefing in the main briefing that was SECRET, he would use the squadron phone to call cellphones of people in the brief, just to see if any rings get heard……

Speaking of cellphones and music, WTF is up with pilots who, as part of their flight deck setup, play music on their iPhone out loud.

Why the Eff would you assume I like to hear your taste in music? Saw that as FO from some CAs, and now see this as a CA with some FOs.

Put your earphones on. Or just leave that crap off.

No, I don’t Iike your taste of music.

Speaking of cellphones and music, WTF is up with pilots who, as part of their flight deck setup, play music on their iPhone out loud.

Why the Eff would you assume I like to hear your taste in music? Saw that as FO from some CAs, and now see this as a CA with some FOs.

WTF actual? But now that you say it, I'm gonna start doing this :)

One guy in one of my squadrons, when he would be CDO and there was a briefing in the main briefing that was SECRET, he would use the squadron phone to call cellphones of people in the brief, just to see if any rings get heard……

This must have been before the era of cell phone detectors being prevalent in your fancy AF spaces. Put those idiots on alert. But that is also kinda weird.

Eww.

I had a copilot keep replying to me "Huh?" during preflight one day. Then he pulls out his earpod on his right ear and said "I can't listen to music AND you at the same time".

That was a nice conversation afterward.

So ringtones. Does anyone else remember when it was cool to get your own custom ringtones… like snippets of your favorite song? So for like only a dollar you could have 20 seconds of your favorite Disturbed song in crappy quality blast out of your phone when some called.

It was great. You’d let it ring a bit longer. Other people would smile and give you a “nice”, and girls would be super impressed

I have been debating assigning "Yakety Sax" as my ring tone just to see if anyone in the crew room gets it when it goes off.

I fear that joke will fall flat, for I am Gen X! Hear me 'Meh'!

So ringtones. Does anyone else remember when it was cool to get your own custom ringtones… like snippets of your favorite song? So for like only a dollar you could have 20 seconds of your favorite Disturbed song in crappy quality blast out of your phone when some called.

It was great. You’d let it ring a bit longer. Other people would smile and give you a “nice”, and girls would be super impressed
I member!

Back