American Reaches Agreement in Principal

So ringtones. Does anyone else remember when it was cool to get your own custom ringtones… like snippets of your favorite song? So for like only a dollar you could have 20 seconds of your favorite Disturbed song in crappy quality blast out of your phone when some called.

It was great. You’d let it ring a bit longer. Other people would smile and give you a “nice”, and girls would be super impressed

"He is quirky, ironic and delicious. Stand back, girls, he's mine!"

Speaking of cellphones and music, WTF is up with pilots who, as part of their flight deck setup, play music on their iPhone out loud.

Why the Eff would you assume I like to hear your taste in music? Saw that as FO from some CAs, and now see this as a CA with some FOs.

Put your earphones on. Or just leave that crap off.

No, I don’t Iike your taste of music.
I absolute abhor this.

I did a repo once, flying with a line check airman. First thing he did, after showing up in street clothes, was plug his iPod into the jumpseat mike jack, so we got his tunes on the intercom. Then he told me he was going to fly that leg. That flight was a litany of bad ideas, among which included an altitude deviation and busting a limitation at the same time, cause he wanted to hand fly at FL410. It happened right after we started up a foqua program. I got a call, pretty certain he got a carpet dance, with the union in full harmony. ASAP good....

I still get a bit twitchy when folks play music up front.

I guess he used his FAA letter to say "WTF, rules no longer apply?"

Literally everyone I fly with listens to something on their headsets, and the only problems I’ve seen with radio calls is dudes being half asleep after flying all night
If I WAS to engage in flight deck reading/music I would absolutely have a missed call policy. That crap gets knocked if is stuff gets missed.

“OMG the intro to Crash Into Me totally tells me this guy is super deep and respectful, and it’s also an awesome song to bang to!”
giphy.gif

It’s the backpack toting, ear bud wearing regional pilot thwt everyone complained about in the 2000s, now movies into mainline.

So ringtones. Does anyone else remember when it was cool to get your own custom ringtones… like snippets of your favorite song? So for like only a dollar you could have 20 seconds of your favorite Disturbed song in crappy quality blast out of your phone when some called.

It was great. You’d let it ring a bit longer. Other people would smile and give you a “nice”, and girls would be super impressed

When I upgraded in 2008, my upgrade gift to myself was an SD card for my phone so I could load custom ring tones on it. First one was Sweet Little Lies, assigned to Crew Scheduling.

Back