American Pilots Hate New Uniform

On a side note, I think I can speak for most, but that drawing definitely exemplifies what the vast majority of the pilot group looks like.

Looks like trevor from aeon flux. Can't wait!

Does this mean no hats? Fingers crossed....

I'm told they are sending us another batch of uniforms to wear. Not sure when that will be. It'll have to be sometime later this year if they want to stay on track for the April 2016 release date IMO.

From what I've heard it's the standard bomber jacket though. I don't care for it but I realize many people spent ~$400 on the thing so changing it or not allowing it you'd have a mutiny on your hands. Most will keep wearing it regardless of what happened (I don't really blame them).
How'd you manage to be a wear tester?

Looks like trevor from aeon flux. Can't wait!

Does this mean no hats? Fingers crossed....

I think reason the old uniforms were supposed to have a hat was lack of markings on the jacket. I think the new ones have markings so making hats required is moot.

image.jpg
Not sure if Kawasaki Ninja will be issued with leather jacket.

I love it how these uniform studies always show guys who are 6'2"with 32-inch waists. The real question most of the line pilots want to know is, what's it look like on a guy with a 46" waist!

Real men have curves! :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

But in all seriousness, the majority of pilots aren't tall & skinny. Just like the FA workgroup, the pilots come in all shapes & sizes. The uniform has to be able to fit and look professional on all body types. Not just a guy who's 6'2" 175, or size 4 women.

Back