American Pilots Hate New Uniform

I can confirm this exists... There are also stickers that they hand out like candy!

What is it with y'all's industry and stickers?

"7/26/2007
FORT WORTH (AP) — An American Airlines pilot has been docked a month of pay for pasting a small sticker that was critical of executive bonuses on his plane's exterior.
The pilot based at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport was frustrated by comments made by Jeff Brundage, the company's vice president of human resources, according to officials with its pilots' union.

After an investigation into the May incident, the Fort Worth-based airline recently decided to suspend the pilot without pay for 30 days, a penalty worth about $12,000. The pilot's name was not released."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2007-07-26-aa-pilot-sticker_N.htm

Stickers are like "flair".

I guess.

Pilots don't even really look at other pilots flight kit stickers, the general public really couldn't care less either I assume.

"Ooh, he's got an In N Out Burger sticker on his flight kit next to his Rip Curl… Rebellious and perhaps a force to be reckoned with in the skies"

This discussion is hilarious.....seriously though. Im envious of BOTH companies pay rates!

1st year regional FO and 1 Lt in the guard, I literally volunteer my time whenever I'm working, stay at the worst hotels on earth, literally one of them was the La Quinta Brandon, MS last week. Between the two jobs I work like 27+ days a month, and yep, this is all pretty uh, how should we say, I mean everyone is making like minimum 140 grand to do nothing right? I need to apply at Spirit next year...

Last edited:
BS. It's everywhere.
Ok maybe, but I haven't heard it used once.
I guarantee you that if any pilot used that in serious conversation, they would be berated mercilessly.

If it does in fact exist, it may be a ground ops thing or only heard inside the walls of the GO. When we went to "kool aid" day during new hire, the sound of silence from the pilots when they were trying to get everyone to chant and sing was deafening.

Not saying that this pilot group isn't generally pro company, I think they are and that is a good thing (although the contract negotiations are definitely taking their toll). I am saying that pilots are pilots and they are a pretty conservative group as a whole and don't deal in rah rah BS like the ground employees that we tend to hire.

Just got this in an email. Next round of wear testing will be done around September, then revisions, then implemented next May.

FA uniform prototypes:

image.jpg

Pilot uniform prototypes:
image.jpg

All I can think of when I see that male trenchcoat is, "Souvenirs... novelties... paaaarty tricks!"

Everything is the same except the single breasted jacket and epaulets on the shoulders.

The single breasted jacket is the FA jacket with stripes.

The trench coat is actually really nice.

Side note Delta announced a uniform refresh the other day.

Back