ALPA Pride Laynard

I always found it...odd, that the emergency number was on the lanyard.

Yeah, that wasn't part of my deal. And probably a residual effect of working with design/purchasing without oversight. I wouldn't have let that pass muster.

I worked with material, (not stretchy so the printing doesn't flake off, can actually be cleaned) how the printing would render, length (designed for pilots around your height all the way down to mine - and adjustable if necessary), attachments (breakaway, removable clip, the badge attachment accessory so it doesn't flip/flop), and then text/logo design... I really spent way too much time/effort on it. But, for our shop, the lanyard was our major internal outward sign of unity due to an agreement that banned stickers/etc. We will probably use the design for the next 15 years.

I was actually overjoyed when I saw that it was (kind of) R&D'd at your shop. Took it as a complement... then I saw that they flipped the text, etc. Which tells me that the art dept. thought I was either nuts, OCD, or just weren't paying attention at all.

One of my weird pet-peeves throughout my career was the union swag that was designed and handed out... during my tenure with that under my control I made sure that everything that we designed, handed out, and created was well thought out, practical, useful, and built to last.

I still have the t-shirt from your shop from a few years ago. (Good tag line, cheezy design, hi quality shirt) Unfortunatly due to the "Covid Nineteen" it actually fits. When I got it from the M&G it was like socks on a rooster.

Yeah, that wasn't part of my deal. And probably a residual effect of working with design/purchasing without oversight. I wouldn't have let that pass muster.

I worked with material, (not stretchy so the printing doesn't flake off, can actually be cleaned) how the printing would render, length (designed for pilots around your height all the way down to mine - and adjustable if necessary), attachments (breakaway, removable clip, the badge attachment accessory so it doesn't flip/flop), and then text/logo design... I really spent way too much time/effort on it. But, for our shop, the lanyard was our major internal outward sign of unity due to an agreement that banned stickers/etc. We will probably use the design for the next 15 years.

I was actually overjoyed when I saw that it was (kind of) R&D'd at your shop. Took it as a complement... then I saw that they flipped the text, etc. Which tells me that the art dept. thought I was either nuts, OCD, or just weren't paying attention at all.

One of my weird pet-peeves throughout my career was the union swag that was designed and handed out... during my tenure with that under my control I made sure that everything that we designed, handed out, and created was well thought out, practical, useful, and built to last.

I still have the t-shirt from your shop from a few years ago. (Good tag line, cheezy design, hi quality shirt) Unfortunatly due to the "Covid Nineteen" it actually fits. When I got it from the M&G it was like socks on a rooster.
Engineer at heart!

Meanwhile, at my tiny little shop our membership guy printed a few hundred lanyards for new hires. And they all say "MEC" on them. The look on his face when I explained that MEC lanyards are typically reserved for the MEC was priceless.

“no! I must advertise this nifty sound bite to everyone in the terminal, including pax! What….are you some hat wearing supporter also?!?!?!?”

I just don't like the 'Green I'm Tired' lanyard as it wasn't well thought-out. It feels like a "Gadsden Flag" sticker on a Hyundai.

"Don't Tread on Me, Merka first, but man, you can't beat the economics of a low-priced auto made with cheaper Korean labor and sailed from overseas by a Dutch boat captain and a Pinoy crew on a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries cargo vessel."

Yeah, some are built in the US, but where does the money go...

Last edited:
I just don't like the lanyard as it wasn't well thought-out. It feels like a "Gadsden Flag" sticker on a Hyundai.

"Don't Tread on Me, Merka first, but man, you can't beat the economics of a low-priced auto made with cheaper Korean labor and sailed from overseas by a Dutch boat captain and a Pinoy crew on a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries cargo vessel."

self proclaimed libertarian RABID CAPITALIST

pays $6500/yr in union dues, volunteers on no committees and bitches about the contract constantly

I just don't like the lanyard as it wasn't well thought-out. It feels like a "Gadsden Flag" sticker on a Hyundai.

Rule #1. Don't buy foreign cars brands made in America!

Back