ALPA Pride Laynard

Seggy

Saw in the ALPA FastRead on December 3rd that they FINALLY are recognizing the PRIDE community and have an awesome lanyard for members to wear. Make sure you order it!

1607109381902.png

Correct. You don't think it'll happen? I think it'll happen, and sooner rather than later.
Alpa jumpseat coordinator will call theres, follow up, blah blah blah.

If the captain is smart he'll make something up. Captains will retain their right to deny jumpseaters.

So you're saying this is gonna be some sort of widespread thing? Not the 1% of the whole group of idiots (5%) every pilot group has.

Alpa jumpseat coordinator will call theres, follow up, blah blah blah.

If the captain is smart he'll make something up. Captains will retain their right to deny jumpseaters.

So you're saying this is gonna be some sort of widespread thing? Not the 1% of the whole group of idiots (5%) every pilot group has.

I won't be surprised if it happens more than once and there's gnashing of teeth.

I don't have the best opinion of humanity after 2020.

I won't be surprised if it happens more than once and there's gnashing of teeth.

I don't have the best opinion of humanity after 2020.
Oh what pitiful stuff. Fine. If it happens 5 times in the next 12 months then you're right, humanity sucks. Otherwise you have to rub some dirt into your precious feewing and walk it off.

"Are you such a loser you can't tell when you've won?"

Oh what pitiful stuff. Fine. If it happens 5 times in the next 12 months then you're right, humanity sucks. Otherwise you have to rub some dirt into your precious feewing and walk it off.

"Are you such a loser you can't tell when you've won?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Part of my job as an airline Captain is to assess the temperament of the crew members of whom I'm in command. Depending on what I'm trying to accomplish, or who I'm trying to influence, there are quite a few different techniques which I can utilize in order to gauge somebody's aptitude, demeanor, susceptibility to prejudice or bias, whether someone is having an "on" or an "off" day. One technique I developed after decades of thorough observation and impeccable record keeping was to set the screen on my company issue EFB to be orange with a rainbow. You can bet your ass I'm getting one of these lanyards to match it.

What do you think happens to the first captain that refuses someone the jumpseat because they're wearing one of these?

Ha! I'd love to see that at our shop. I ordered one as soon as I got the email.

My only complaint is that the folks in purchasing did not use my lanyard design for the hardware. They cheaped out with the lower attach point (badges will flip/flop/flip around) and didn't build in a detach point for the badge to come off. (for parking passes, KCM, etc.)

I try to not take anything off of my badge because sure as the sun rises, I'll lose it shortly after disconnection.

Yup. Both in the hotel and on the plane the lanyard stays with the tie and the uniform shirt. It all goes on, it all comes off. I’m likely to realize that I’m trying to leave the plane out of uniform, so that gives me a chance to catch it.

One thing I’m worried about is operating in to an overnight and then riding a commercial deadhead out. Uniform goes in the closet, I ride out in business casual, uniform stays in overnight city.

Thankfully hasn’t happened yet, but it’s a matter of time.

I got mine about a week ago. Have yet to wear it, but looking forward to the chance. I've been wearing an NGPA lanyard plenty anyway and have had exactly zero reaction from that, sooo. There's also a pride sticker on my bag and captains seem to assume that I'm straight. In summary, clueless people are clueless and this lanyard won't change that.

Back