ALPA Dues Refund

We used to get a “turkey coupon” at ExpressJet every November. Felt some shame in the Albertsons check out handing it to the cashier and getting the oh you’re poor look.

Young people today will never know the struggle of knowing that going to the EBT/Food Stamp office to apply for benefits in your airline uniform became a fireable offense because the general public could never know that teenage fast food wages were being paid to highly trained professional airline pilots flying around aircraft painted in legacy colors.

Young people today will never know the struggle of knowing that going to the EBT/Food Stamp office to apply for benefits in your airline uniform became a fireable offense because the general public could never know that teenage fast food wages were being paid to highly trained professional airline pilots flying around aircraft painted in legacy colors.

We had a campaign similar at Skyway and the company lost it's nuggets over the visuals.

Hell, I lived in low-income housing in Oak Creek. It was Skyway pilots and single parents. $430/month and I netted $493 every two weeks (we were on a salary), unless I did an overnight and got paid $20 in per diem.

We had a campaign similar at Skyway and the company lost it's nuggets over the visuals.

Hell, I lived in low-income housing in Oak Creek. It was Skyway pilots and single parents. $430/month and I netted $493 every two weeks (we were on a salary), unless I did an overnight and got paid $20 in per diem.

The irony being is that you had usually had to have well in excess of 1,500 hours at those places to even have your resume moved from the shredder pile.

I don't know about never- those days could easily come back if there's ever as much competition for pilot jobs at the regionals as there was back then.

Back