Allegiant Air hiring

Out of the blackest corners of what heart I have left, I implore those here on JC who have sense on this forum not to apply.

Don't let your name be on that release when an MD-80 becomes a smoking hole in the ground.

I have only heard negative things about this place. They constantly are in the news for the questionable safety record, something I would not want to be a part of. If you search around the internet it doesn't take long to read/figure out this is a place nobody should even consider

I have only heard negative things about this place. They constantly are in the news for the questionable safety record, something I would not want to be a part of. If you search around the internet it doesn't take long to read/figure out this is a place nobody should even consider
Pays good...

I had a buddy picked up there after about 6 months at a regional. Was a great option for him. He commuted from LAS anyway, and it was a huge pay raise to be back at home every night.

I only highlight this is to show that everyone's situation is different.

I know of one person who is quite happy there, and speaks highly of the culture there. Granted, they aren't in mx, so that could be why...

Having flown on Allegiant more than once, I can say that at least from a customer standpoint it is a total mess. One time the MD-80 had mechanical issues so they flew in another MD-80 which also had mechanical issues. Another time my buddy was a part of one of their infamous emergency landings. The flight attendants have always been very rude and looked like they hated their lives.

That said, the company actually has one of the highest average for employee reviews I have ever seen on sites like Glassdoor. Supposedly it has a great culture like socks and sandals mentioned.

By the way, my baseball coach growing up was scheduled to work Alaska Flight 261 but had his buddy cover it at the last minute so he could go to his daughter's school play. Since that crash impacted me personally in a way I wouldn't feel too comfortable working for an airline with whistleblower pilots and mechanics and a big MD-80 fleet as Alaska was at the time.

We just took on a guy from Allegiant. Said he had a bad feeling so he left. Just wanted to be back home in the east.

...I wouldn't feel too comfortable working for an airline with whistleblower pilots and mechanics and a big MD-80 fleet as Alaska was at the time.

So you wouldn't feel comfortable at an airline that has a high safety culture? Just trying to grasp what you're saying is all. Airlines should make safety a paramount objective, and there are ways to report things without throwing everyone under the bus or having the FAA walk in and shut everyone down. Better for companies to self-regulate their issues without getting the FAA too involved.

Sure would be nice to get the opinion of someone who is/has been there rather than speculation based heavily on tabloid articles...

Sure, AAY has had some problems in the news lately, but I think a lot of that comes with the territory of flying a fleet of old airframes and playing the dangerous game of pissing off your employees by stalling labor negotiations and firing them publicly. But really, I'd imagine any airline still flying old build MD80s en masse could be made to look pretty poor in the public eye if faced with their same level of media scrutiny, certainly you don't hear many horror stories about their Airbus or 757 operation.

Anyway, the pay stated here surprised me, that'd make a good living in Vegas.

For the record I flew Allegiant several times when I was commuting and all the crews were fantastic to me. Sure, there were a few hiccups and having a single contracted gate agent to board flights is not a great idea but overall I don't think it's as miserable an experience as its made out to be.

Last edited:
I love how everyone likes to down a place they have never worked. My uncle's cousin friend that knew a girl that once stubbed a toe on one of Allegiant's flights.
One of us won't fly the airline, because of an Alaska Air crash on an MD80. Hey Dumbass! American and Delta fly MD80's as well. You never added your 2 cents there. Your comment is like saying I won't fly (insert airline here), because they fly 777s. and I know that Malaysia Airlines once lost a 777. So there for anyone who flys that type of plane is a bad airline, and will lose a plane as well.
To the guy that dropped the situation about his coworker heading back east. You'll find the reason why he has changed airlines 4 times in the last 3 years.

Luigi made a good point about how everyone's situation is different.

1. Pay starts at $27 an hour.
  2. Looking for 6 dispatchers to start in April.
  3. The computer system is "bulky" This issue is getting addressed now.
  4. In contract talks talks with labor groups. The safety questions will stop showing up once labor has a contract. Like any other airline.
  5. MD80 and 757 are on the way out. Moving to an all Airbus fleet.
  6. Owns all aircraft.
  7. Allegiant has made a profit for the last 55 quarters.
  8. Culture is very different from other companies.
  9. Business Model is not like your typical airline.
  10. Setting record growth in industry.
  11. Has issues with aircraft breaking like all other airlines.
  12. Has issues with customer service like and other business,

I love how everyone likes to down a place they have never worked. My uncle's cousin friend that knew a girl that once stubbed a toe on one of Allegiant's flights.
One of us won't fly the airline, because of an Alaska Air crash on an MD80. Hey Dumbass! American and Delta fly MD80's as well. You never added your 2 cents there. Your comment is like saying I won't fly (insert airline here), because they fly 777s. and I know that Malaysia Airlines once lost a 777. So there for anyone who flys that type of plane is a bad airline, and will lose a plane as well.
To the guy that dropped the situation about his coworker heading back east. You'll find the reason why he has changed airlines 4 times in the last 3 years.

Luigi made a good point about how everyone's situation is different.

1. Pay starts at $27 an hour.
  2. Looking for 6 dispatchers to start in April.
  3. The computer system is "bulky" This issue is getting addressed now.
  4. In contract talks talks with labor groups. The safety questions will stop showing up once labor has a contract. Like any other airline.
  5. MD80 and 757 are on the way out. Moving to an all Airbus fleet.
  6. Owns all aircraft.
  7. Allegiant has made a profit for the last 55 quarters.
  8. Culture is very different from other companies.
  9. Business Model is not like your typical airline.
  10. Setting record growth in industry.
  11. Has issues with aircraft breaking like all other airlines.
  12. Has issues with customer service like and other business,

Thanks for contributing. We've got a lot of people around here who seem to spend too much time on airliners.net....

Back