Allegiant Air hiring

I never said I wouldn't fly Allegiant. And it's not because they fly MD-80s, it's because they have more emergency landings than any airline and their manager of maintenance (for 2 weeks) resigned and blew the whistle on their sketchy practices. I think those are legitimate concerns.

I love how everyone likes to down a place they have never worked. My uncle's cousin friend that knew a girl that once stubbed a toe on one of Allegiant's flights.
One of us won't fly the airline, because of an Alaska Air crash on an MD80. Hey Dumbass! American and Delta fly MD80's as well. You never added your 2 cents there. Your comment is like saying I won't fly (insert airline here), because they fly 777s. and I know that Malaysia Airlines once lost a 777. So there for anyone who flys that type of plane is a bad airline, and will lose a plane as well.
To the guy that dropped the situation about his coworker heading back east. You'll find the reason why he has changed airlines 4 times in the last 3 years.

Luigi made a good point about how everyone's situation is different.

1. Pay starts at $27 an hour.
  2. Looking for 6 dispatchers to start in April.
  3. The computer system is "bulky" This issue is getting addressed now.
  4. In contract talks talks with labor groups. The safety questions will stop showing up once labor has a contract. Like any other airline.
  5. MD80 and 757 are on the way out. Moving to an all Airbus fleet.
  6. Owns all aircraft.
  7. Allegiant has made a profit for the last 55 quarters.
  8. Culture is very different from other companies.
  9. Business Model is not like your typical airline.
  10. Setting record growth in industry.
  11. Has issues with aircraft breaking like all other airlines.
  12. Has issues with customer service like and other business,
Plus Nevada does not have state income tax

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I was given an interview opportunity with Allegiant back in September/October. I didn't know it paid so high then but I turned them down without interviewing because I learned of their shady practices. I'm making the same now at a cargo carrier with less living expenses so its totally worked out for the better. I wouldn't go there as long as there are legitimate safety concerns, just my 2 cents.

I love how everyone likes to down a place they have never worked. My uncle's cousin friend that knew a girl that once stubbed a toe on one of Allegiant's flights.
One of us won't fly the airline, because of an Alaska Air crash on an MD80. Hey Dumbass! American and Delta fly MD80's as well. You never added your 2 cents there. Your comment is like saying I won't fly (insert airline here), because they fly 777s. and I know that Malaysia Airlines once lost a 777. So there for anyone who flys that type of plane is a bad airline, and will lose a plane as well.

American and Delta has MD80s that aren't falling out of the sky because they make sure maintenance is properly done. I'm not sure Allegiant can even spell that.

To the guy that dropped the situation about his coworker heading back east. You'll find the reason why he has changed airlines 4 times in the last 3 years.

Luigi made a good point about how everyone's situation is different.

1. Pay starts at $27 an hour.
  2. Looking for 6 dispatchers to start in April.
  3. The computer system is "bulky" This issue is getting addressed now.
  4. In contract talks talks with labor groups. The safety questions will stop showing up once labor has a contract. Like any other airline.
  5. MD80 and 757 are on the way out. Moving to an all Airbus fleet.
  6. Owns all aircraft.
  7. Allegiant has made a profit for the last 55 quarters.
  8. Culture is very different from other companies.
  9. Business Model is not like your typical airline.
  10. Setting record growth in industry.
  11. Has issues with aircraft breaking like all other airlines.
  12. Has issues with customer service like and other business,
And the CEO is the same guy who ran ValuJet...lets just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

American and Delta has MD80s that aren't falling out of the sky because they make sure maintenance is properly done. I'm not sure Allegiant can even spell that.

American and Delta HAVE MD80s that aren't falling out of the sky(COMMA) because they make sure maintenance is properly done. I'm not sure Allegiant can spell that.

If you want to make a spelling joke at least check your grammar and punctuation!

Remember kids: Spell check doesn't check grammar and punctuation for you!

T-H-A-T

American and Delta HAVE MD80s that aren't falling out of the sky(COMMA) because they make sure maintenance is properly done. I'm not sure Allegiant can spell that.

If you want to make a spelling joke at least check your grammar and punctuation!

While you are correct on the spelling I really don't think a comma is necessary. #grammarnerd

A coworker at my current shop said he went all the way out there once only to find out they wanted to hire him as an "assistant dispatcher" at a wage below that of his current regional wage. I was mostly surprised that they even hire anyone as "assistants." I understand why the majors do that - they have huge networks, most including international, cargo, and luxury charter ops. Allegiant seems pretty meat and potatoes domestic ops - I'd speculate that regional dx is likely more difficult work as it is, and we don't have assistants manning the coffee and fax machines for us...

I'd rather not work for these guys but it would get you a shot at the majors so unless you have some other avenue just put in the time.

Remember kids: Spell check doesn't check grammar and punctuation for you!

T-H-A-T
"Because" acts as the comma in this sentence as it connects the two ideas.

So, to apply this to you, if you want to make a childish jab at one's master of the English language at least ensure that you yourself know basic English rules.

You know, it does seem like there is an awful lot of opinion and very little fact behind these claims of Allegiant being a terrible place to work for. They have had some mx issues. Have you guys worked for some of the Supplemental operations that do or used to exist? I've seen things on the regional level that makes Allegiant's maintenance program look like the Marine Corps. I worked for an operator that had a fleet of Mad Dogs and believe me, they are a bitch to maintain.

Bottom line is, it's a good place to get experience, it's in a city that is not terribly expensive to live in and from there you can travel everywhere... They are improving in the dispatch department in terms of tools and support so I am to understand. I think you would be doing yourself a great disservice not to at least go talk to them.

Does anybody know if the interviews they have are the "group" type interview I know a lot of airlines do? Seems odd they scheduled me from 8:55am-5pm.

Does anybody know if the interviews they have are the "group" type interview I know a lot of airlines do? Seems odd they scheduled me from 8:55am-5pm.

The entire interview process is done at LAS. All people being interviewed will start with a group presentation by the HR rep on the company and a test will be administered. After that the interviewees are taken one at a time into an adjacent room for a panel interview with at least 3 people, (HR rep, Dx trainer and Manager of DX,) there may be up to five people on the panel if the director of DX and a DX sup attend. They'll be looking at your personality and judging how it would fit with the current dispatchers. They also will be looking at your knowledge and more so sincere interest to dispatch for the company. After that you will probably be cut loose to catch your flight home, but at one past interview session they held everyone to make offers to those they wanted.

I suspect the blanket hours are so they can work the panel portion around interviewees flight schedules.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write that all out. Im assuming the test is on technical dispatch stuff and not the HR presentation lol...I would much rather it be the former.

Back