Alaskan LOA offer

Screw that. Find the middle road. Save some, enjoy life. It’s short!

Sure once I have maxed out retirement and I feel confident about my savings I'll buy myself a new bike with cash or pay for a vacation to go ride bikes or whatever but none of those are fixed costs like a super expensive car payment or house payment.

Flight attendants aren't exactly the most fiscally responsible coworkers and their retention is super low. They might even be worse than pilots, but only barely, for ultra expensive lifestyles. Pilots with dumb stuff and bad choices, FA's with expensive items and assuming 110 hour months is sustainable.

I think that might be a SouthernJets cultural thing. That group (as a whole) doesn't have a history of good decision making. Also, the FA group over here (as a whole) certainly aren't big spenders. I'm curious if that's similar elsewhere too.

Oh nooo a landlord didn’t make money being a landlord society will crumble, the landlords can’t ever lose money

Both the properties we rent out don't make us money on a month to month basis. Rent is just short of the mortgage + maintenance fee, let alone any remodel/maintenance costs and insurance. Sure it's building equity, but a month or two of missed rent means we are spending a bunch of money we don't have budgeted for that.

Both the properties we rent out don't make us money on a month to month basis. Rent is just short of the mortgage + maintenance fee, let alone any remodel/maintenance costs and insurance. Sure it's building equity, but a month or two of missed rent means we are spending a bunch of money we don't have budgeted for that.

People have been support making laws making it more difficult to build new housing units and making laws making it more risky to be a landlord.

This making rental’s incredibly expensive but everyone is irrationally upset with landlords.

I’ve created 3 units of housing that were unlivable dumps before we bought renovated and sold them. After my latest round with ecology I likely won’t be in real estate. Too much risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody has any sympathy for you. With the privilege of having rich parents letting you live in their home way below market rent.

You have a failed business, that’s probably because you didn’t do your due diligence. Choose to be a landlord, buy the ticket, take the ride.

We’ll see how you’d like it if someone owes you money and instead decides to screw you over and not pay you. Easy to take pot shots when it’s not YOUR money going out the door.

I haven’t lived in that home for nearly 5 years. How is that a personal attack? Oh you lived in your parents home. Um, okay? That was 5 yrs ago…

Failed business? It’s because BLUE states full of bleeding heart liberals decided to pass one of the longest eviction moratoriums in recent history, that made tenants decide to become a-holes.

Even if that place has no mortgage on it, I pay property taxes on it at $700/month, HOA fees of $645/month, and a new special assessment for $335 for 9 months to build a new pool and grounds improvements. So $1680/month goes out the window anyway. With no rent coming in, yeah that’s not cool.

Not looking for sympathy. Just calling out • people who can afford the latest iPhone and a new car, but won’t pay their rent.

Oh nooo a landlord didn’t make money being a landlord society will crumble, the landlords can’t ever lose money

Except what you fail to realize is that a lot of “landlords” are actually just your normal everyday people, who owned an apartment or townhome, and rented that out after they bought a house elsewhere. We are not some conglomerate or large business with multiple units. I ain’t no Todd :)

I think that might be a SouthernJets cultural thing. That group (as a whole) doesn't have a history of good decision making. Also, the FA group over here (as a whole) certainly aren't big spenders. I'm curious if that's similar elsewhere too.

Must be all that loot they save not having union dues ;)

Not looking for sympathy. Just calling out • people who can afford the latest iPhone and a new car, but won’t pay their rent.

it’s all about the contract, isn that what airline pilots always rant about?. Whether a car loan or a loan shark loan. Whether it’s getting repossessed or getting beaten up, there are consequences for not holding up one’s end. Eviction is one of those consequences.

It’s not a landlord’s job to cover someone’s rent. If the government wanted to step in and create moratoriums, then don’t make the landlord be responsible for the rent and the renter pay nothing. Where is the landlords moratorium? They have bills too, just like everyone else.

it’s all about the contract, isn that what airline pilots always rant about?. Whether a car loan or a loan shark loan. Whether it’s getting repossessed or getting beaten up, there are consequences for not holding up one’s end. Eviction is one of those consequences.

It’s not a landlord’s job to cover someone’s rent. If the government wanted to step in and create moratoriums, then don’t make the landlord be responsible for the rent and the renter pay nothing. Where is the landlords moratorium? They have bills too, just like everyone else.

Spot on 100%!

I’ve created 3 units of housing that were unlivable dumps before we bought renovated and sold them. After my latest round with ecology I likely won’t be in real estate. Too much risk

you created them? You’re a carpenter, roofer, drywaller too? Or you paid out of your own pocket with money you earned?

you created them? You’re a carpenter, roofer, drywaller too? Or you paid out of your own pocket with money you earned?

What difference does that pedantic detail make? End result is the same. We say Obama killed Bin Laden, and Trump killed Gen Solemani, even though the two Presidents weren’t point men on each raid who pulled the triggers. Same end result.

What difference does that pedantic detail make? End result is the same. We say Obama killed Bin Laden, and Trump killed Gen Solemani, even though the two Presidents weren’t point men on each raid who pulled the triggers. Same end result.
If you paid with borrowed money for other people to do work, puffing your chest out about being a creator is ridiculous. You’re functionally an employee of the bank at this point. The same as giving credit to any executive for the great things their employees do. All value is created by labor.

Last edited:

I’m a business partner and paid the 50% partner to do it a fair wage. I only collected 50% profit. I structured it that way because if my business partner bailed would be sunk. As I don’t have time to complete the project and fly enough to pay for it. I also wouldn’t have the skills other than the plumbing.

If you paid with borrowed money for other people to do work, puffing your chest out about being a creator is ridiculous. You’re functionally an employee of the bank at this point.

Would you prefer facilitator? Even with borrowed money, one has to have the initiative and thought to make something happen, which otherwise might not have happened. With the borrower being the one now assuming the financial risk, not the renter. Heck, in the above case, everyone of us who has a mortgage/car/personal loan etc, could be considered employees of a credit union/bank/mortgage house or wherever the money was loaned from.

Back