Alaskan LOA offer

Looking for volunteers for a personal leave for one month while retaining all benefits, seniority, longevity. There's apparently a drawing at random for prizes and that's one of the prizes. Newhire classes still in January.

Q1 and Q2 at most pax major airlines is a capacity cutting bloodbath.

officially all Boeing 737 fleet now? -700F, -700, -800F, -900, -900ER, -MAX8 -MAX9 and will be getting MAX10?

Ive been seeing Alaska Airbus planes as new arrivals at the old George AFB.

officially all Boeing 737 fleet now? -700F, -700, -800F, -900, -900ER, -MAX8 -MAX9 and will be getting MAX10?

You forget the regular -800 :)

The first MAX8 will be Q1 2024. MAX 10 will be in 2025.

The last revenue flight of the Airbus fleet is done. There will be some functional check flights, customer runs for the next couple months I would imagine. But as far as the pilot group is concerned, it's single fleet.

Technically they are BCFs. I don't think there were any factory built 737 freighters.

You forget the regular -800 :)

The first MAX8 will be Q1 2024. MAX 10 will be in 2025.

The last revenue flight of the Airbus fleet is done. There will be some functional check flights, customer runs for the next couple months I would imagine. But as far as the pilot group is concerned, it's single fleet.
Has the bus been completely replaced with additional planes or did they just want to get rid of it so bad that they decided to drop capacity for a bit? I could see that as a reason for being a bit fat currently.

What is "Alaskan"?
It's a PNW regional but named after a state it's not HQ'd in. Doesn't make much sense really.
I’m just here tryna pass training

That’s all I really feel comfortable saying on the innerwebz
You'll get through it, just take a shot every time they say "the jet" in the school house
Technically they are BCFs. I don't think there were any factory built 737 freighters.
Nerd. Also they converted them in like Isreal and Costa Rica (I think, maybe, probably)
Has the bus been completely replaced with additional planes or did they just want to get rid of it so bad that they decided to drop capacity for a bit? I could see that as a reason for being a bit fat currently.
No it's a net fleet decrease. Also gates in LAX/SFO are less than pre-acquisition.

No it's a net fleet decrease. Also gates in LAX/SFO are less than pre-acquisition.
Yup, that would definitely contribute to staffing getting fat. Sounds like voluntary leaves aren't any type of bad news then. Just reduced airframes while heading into the off-season.

As of right now barring an economic downturn, the reduction is only for Jan/Feb. spring takes off, and summer next year is supposed to be more block hours than summer this year.

Alaska Management: "Listen, we've overhired by exactly one guy. @Roger Roger."

Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg

A couple shots from the training department of @Roger Roger . Dec ends in a mock mutiny where he is conveniently the tie breaker vote deciding if we turn off the Commuter Hotel MOU. "Sage" pictured above, whispers sweet nothings into his ear about how "all the pilots are abusing it" and "it isn't fair to the non-commuters". What will he do??????? Will he give into the honey dicking? Or will he keep his FO bearing and unity? Find out during the season premiere at 5 pm SEA time Jan 2nd!!!

Last edited:
Someone spill the beans on this ski pass…paid leave I’m assuming? Well we got a decent haul of snow yesterday in SLC. Hopefully getting close to opening day out here. Sounds like a good deal regardless!!

View attachment 75017View attachment 75018

A couple shots from the training department of @Roger Roger . Dec ends in a mock mutiny where he is conveniently the tie breaker vote deciding if we turn off the Commuter Hotel MOU. "Sage" pictured above, whispers sweet nothings into his ear about how "all the pilots are abusing it" and "it isn't fair to the non-commuters". What will he do??????? Will he give into the honey dicking? Or will he keep his FO bearing and unity? Find out during the season premiere at 5 pm SEA time Jan 2nd!!!
I didn't expect that show to actually be as funny as it was.

Back