Airport Bum Meal Plan

brian434

Anyone ever see a meal plan that would work for a charter pilot that spends days in the middle of no where with nothing but a fridge and microwave 5 days a week?

I have started a fitness routine at home but the meal ideas haven't been going that well. I sit at these airports for more than 8 hours usually.

What are your fitness goals? Losing weight? Gaining weight? Or just eating healthy and clean?

Frozen Healthy Choice meals or the like, they are somewhat healthy and for the most part taste pretty good.

But if you have a fridge I would get a good salad mix, slice up some vegies, a light salad dressing and add some toppings like nuts or beans to it. You could always grill up some chicken at home and bring it with and heat it up in the microwave.

Get a calorie counting app on your phone to find your maintenance daily calorie intake. (What you eat daily to maintain your current weight)
Take that number and reduce it by say 500 calories to start a caloric deficit. So if you maintain current weight at 3,000 start eating 2,500.

Lay off soda is the #1 thing, start drinking water like a mermaid.

As far as food goes I would highly recommend cooking a batch of chicken at home and bringing it in tupperware to cook in the nuke. You can eat 2500 calories worth of ice cream per day as long as you're at a caloric deficit you'll lose weight, although it won't be exactly healthy ;)

There are a couple recent threads that reference this. Basically, like others said, a 500 calorie deficit per day is best. 250 is so small, a miscalculation could render your diet useless. 1000 a day is so high, an unusually high deficit could lead to wanting to binge or energy issues or worse. I can only maintain 1000 per day for 2 consecutive days before my body overrides my desire. It's like you go from being hungry to "I have to eat NOW".

There are tons of things you can take with you. Check out the other threads.

Carbs
Protein
Fat

In every meal. Freeze what you can and have a separate "reheat" container.

I've been supplementing 1 meal a day with Shakeology. They have several flavors and some are better than others. It's pricy but you'll feel a lot better and be a lot healthier. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions about it. People say it reduces their cravings for snack foods and candy etc.. And they are right. I couldn't believe it, but it works!!

Check it out...

http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/MDSUSH311G?referringRepId=250888

Anyone ever see a meal plan that would work for a charter pilot that spends days in the middle of no where with nothing but a fridge and microwave 5 days a week?

I have started a fitness routine at home but the meal ideas haven't been going that well. I sit at these airports for more than 8 hours usually.
http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/what-are-you-eating-while-you-are-on-the-road.183904/

and

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/favorite-healthy-foods-snacks.163750/

These people...the same marketing geniuses that convinced half of America to order p90x when those same people couldn't fathom a month of running around the block for free.

I wish I could talk people into just fresh fruits and veggies.
I drink a blender full everyday. It too is amazing and but also cheap.
Today was spinach, carrots, oatmeal, protein powder, cranberries, banana, grapes, yogurt, cinnamon, dark cocoa powder and ginger root.

Last edited:
Supplements are good, too... Every diet no matter what it is NEEDS to have at the bare minimum 1 supplement, a quality daily vitamin. I take 2 different types.... Animal Pak, and GNC Mega Men Sport. I don't recommend Animal Pak unless you workout 5-6 times a day for a few hours each time. I only take it on workout days, and MMS on days off, or when traveling. MMS is a great every day vitamin. So are some of the Centrum daily vitamins as well.

I pack a cooler with proteins. Baked turkey, chicken, or pork. I'll usually throw in some yogurt and fruit. Have one of each for each meal.

The more you cook for yourself instead of buying already made products the better. It's a great place to start.

Download "MyPlate" track what you eat. It sounds like a pain in the as$, but once it's part of your routine it's no big deal.

For example, I leave for Idaho this afternoon for 4 days. I cooked 6 turkey brawts, 4 lbs of turkey and 7 cliff bars. I'll buy yogurt, fruit, and hot dog buns when I get there. Each meal averages out to something like $3.00.

Supplements are good, too... Every diet no matter what it is NEEDS to have at the bare minimum 1 supplement, a quality daily vitamin. I take 2 different types.... Animal Pak, and GNC Mega Men Sport. I don't recommend Animal Pak unless you workout 5-6 times a day for a few hours each time. I only take it on workout days, and MMS on days off, or when traveling. MMS is a great every day vitamin. So are some of the Centrum daily vitamins as well.
I could not disagree more. If your diet is lacking something, adjust your diet.

Don't eat crap loaded with grains or sugars (<350g of carbs and <40g of sugar a day) and don't drink anything but water.

You can drink juices as long as they don't have syrup added. I like OJ, AJ, and Chocolate Milk. Chocolate Milk really is a great post workout recovery drink. Chocolate Milk has more protein than many or your common "protein bars".

Wanna lose weight fast? Carbs, cut them out as much as you can. More than fat, more than calories. Carbs. Truth.

The weight loss from cutting carbs is all water. Water is necessary for digestion and carbs can need a lot of water. A good diet should contain approx 60 percent of carbs. We need them to operate normally.

Don't eat crap loaded with grains or sugars (<350g of carbs and <40g of sugar a day) and don't drink anything but water.
Wanna lose weight fast? Carbs, cut them out as much as you can. More than fat, more than calories. Carbs. Truth.
The weight loss from cutting carbs is all water. Water is necessary for digestion and carbs can need a lot of water. A good diet should contain approx 60 percent of carbs. We need them to operate normally.
Make up your mind it's almost time for dinner

Back