Airnet

taildragger173

Does anyone know if Airnet has a training contract? Also what are the working conditions like over there? What are your thoughts on the company?

There's a one year agreement you'll sign on the 2nd day of training. I'm not really sure what you're looking for as far as working conditions and thoughts on the company, but if you drop me a PM with any specific questions I'll be glad to help out where I can.

Short story long - I like it.

-mini

Years back I interviewed there and was pretty impressed by what I saw. I'd say if you want to fly freight this a a very good company to go work for. The people I have talked to that worked there at some point in their careers liked it.

I just officially dipped my toe into the water at Airnet. The online application has been been completed.

Here's hoping for a super low time SIC position

I can't wait for this place to be flooded with people that are only here because its the only place interviewing.

Mike, any idea why they are still interviewing? I'd have thought you'd be at capacity by now.

Word on the street (from a credible source) is there will be no more classes after the one that is in there now for 2 months at the minimum. The training dept. will be twiddling their thumbs for awhile.

Great company to work for. You can sign your life away for 1500 or 3000 depending if you have the PIC mins. That contract gets you by the balls. Or there is the normal 1 year that you may be able to ge out of. No extra pay though.

Dont plan on that 1 year upgrade that they tell people. No upgrades in a long time and none in the near future. Im looking elts where!

I have no regrets with Airnet. Its a great company with good pay. You just end up working your ass off for it. Its still worth the time and effort to become a better pilot.

Good luck all![/quote]

Does anyone know if Airnet has a training contract? Also what are the working conditions like over there? What are your thoughts on the company?

You can sign your life away for 1500 or 3000 depending if you have the PIC mins. That contract gets you by the balls. Or there is the normal 1 year that you may be able to ge out of. No extra pay though.

Hmmm... when I interviewed this last February they presented the initial sign-on bonuses ($3000 PIC/$1500 SIC) as part of the 1 year (from becoming PIC checkride) contract. You seem to suggest that the bonuses are part of a more extensive contract, with a 1-year commitment not receiving any bonuses. What are the conditions of the contract you refer to that requires you to sign your life away and gets you by the balls? Would you clarify, please? Thanks!

Also, while I'm not a lawyer, I don't believe any company has the legal right to obligate you to work for them for any period of time. The most they can do is hold you accountable for bonus money or training costs if you leave early, which can certainly be quite a lot in our industry (training costs, that is).

The contract is only for money. If you leave, you pay. But it is pretty hefty. The contract didn't exist when I came here, but my understanding is the sign on contract is the same for all. Only thing that changes is the bonus amount depending on your flight time. When you move to lear sic or lear pic there is a seperate contract which you can either sign for bonus money and a time commitment, or upgrade without and not get the bonus.

Hired as prop PIC -> $3000 bonus, contract valued at $8000
Hired as prop SIC -> $1500 bonus, contract valued at $9500

If you leave before a year you have to pay back the bonus and training costs. And before someone asks, yes, they enforce the contract.

Additionally, management makes you to sign a new one year contract if you add the Caravan after your initial bid, or drop the Caravan should you be Caravan qualified and bid a non-Caravan run.

Know some guys that found those two items out the hard way.

Z

Great company to work for. You can sign your life away for 1500 or 3000 depending if you have the PIC mins. That contract gets you by the balls. Or there is the normal 1 year that you may be able to ge out of. No extra pay though.

Dont plan on that 1 year upgrade that they tell people. No upgrades in a long time and none in the near future. Im looking elts where!

I have no regrets with Airnet. Its a great company with good pay. You just end up working your ass off for it. Its still worth the time and effort to become a better pilot.

Good luck all!
[/quote]

GNU,
How long would you say an upgrade to the lear is realistically right now? I know an exact answer is impossible but roughly...?

Also anyone who interviewed lately or has a good memory what are some helpfull hints for someone who has an interview this week?
The written test easy/tricky?
SIM ride? On the print out it says the ATIS will be OTS. What are they looking for there? Get the weather elsewhere or can't shoot the approach? what's the "correct" answer they want? Whats the non-precis. out of Kcmh usually?
Anything else that may help would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance

Hmmm... when I interviewed this last February they presented the initial sign-on bonuses ($3000 PIC/$1500 SIC) as part of the 1 year (from becoming PIC checkride) contract. You seem to suggest that the bonuses are part of a more extensive contract, with a 1-year commitment not receiving any bonuses. What are the conditions of the contract you refer to that requires you to sign your life away and gets you by the balls? Would you clarify, please? Thanks!

Also, while I'm not a lawyer, I don't believe any company has the legal right to obligate you to work for them for any period of time. The most they can do is hold you accountable for bonus money or training costs if you leave early, which can certainly be quite a lot in our industry (training costs, that is).

The thing they dont tell you is that if you take the money they have you by the balls. If you have a run that closes you have to move to another run. That may force you to move when you dont want to. If you dont take the money and your run closes, then you may be able to get out of the contract with out paying training costs back.

Back