Airnet

I would say never. Its not looking good for the lear. I would say that an upgrade into some other turboprop would be sooner. Yet I have not heard word on when or what turboprop that will be. Its all up in the air right now with airnet.

Try www.aviationinterviews.com/ for interview tips

GNU,
How long would you say an upgrade to the lear is realistically right now? I know an exact answer is impossible but roughly...?

Also anyone who interviewed lately or has a good memory what are some helpfull hints for someone who has an interview this week?
The written test easy/tricky?
SIM ride? On the print out it says the ATIS will be OTS. What are they looking for there? Get the weather elsewhere or can't shoot the approach? what's the "correct" answer they want? Whats the non-precis. out of Kcmh usually?
Anything else that may help would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance[/quote]

The thing they dont tell you is that if you take the money they have you by the balls. If you have a run that closes you have to move to another run. That may force you to move when you dont want to. If you dont take the money and your run closes, then you may be able to get out of the contract with out paying training costs back.
They actually spell it out pretty clearly.
You'd have to be insane to sign one of those contracts willingly.

I would say never. Its not looking good for the lear. I would say that an upgrade into some other turboprop would be sooner. Yet I have not heard word on when or what turboprop that will be. Its all up in the air right now with airnet.

Try www.aviationinterviews.com/ for interview tips

GNU,
How long would you say an upgrade to the lear is realistically right now? I know an exact answer is impossible but roughly...?

Also anyone who interviewed lately or has a good memory what are some helpfull hints for someone who has an interview this week?
The written test easy/tricky?
SIM ride? On the print out it says the ATIS will be OTS. What are they looking for there? Get the weather elsewhere or can't shoot the approach? what's the "correct" answer they want? Whats the non-precis. out of Kcmh usually?
Anything else that may help would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance
[/quote]

If you read a few of the recent gouges on aviationinterviews.com you will do fine on the interview at Airnet. I looked at as many gouges as I could before mine and they were 100% correct. I didnt catch any surprises.

I signed it. It was an easy choice. My sim partner and I were in Dallas training just as the industry began to tank. Under better conditions, it may been a more difficult decision-but I have definitely no regrets signing. I used the money for an engagement ring, so the year commitment to Airnet seems less significant. My run has since closed and the contract obligations, though they still exist, have not affected me.

With upgrading and bonus signing, timing has definitely worked out in my favor. This is just my story guys. Your choice could be a lot tougher.

I also had no problem signing it. Its fair.

You don't come to AirNet expecting not to move anyways, if the run closes they will work with you to pay relocation expenses and even pay to break the lease/closing costs.

A year is nothing.

I didn't simply because if you get fired you are stuck without a job and a huge debt. When Airnet is pilot fat like they are now they fire people a lot. If you think that is BS ask anyone that has been here over 2 years.

Its still a shady deal. If you sign for the bonus then you are putting a lot more stress on checkrides. If you fail and get fired then you owe the training costs and bonus back.

I just officially dipped my toe into the water at Airnet. The online application has been been completed.

Here's hoping for a super low time SIC position

Speaking of which, I have just a couple of questions:

1. If hired under the SIC program, do you bid a domicile or are you assigned one?

2. If assigned a base, does Airnet help w/relocating expenses?

3. Being that I live in SE Florida, what are my chances of actually being hired into the SIC program and being awarded a prop base in Florida?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

atp

(this information is current as of my interview back in April)
1. They ask you your 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices of base when you are in training. That may or may not have anything to do with where you actually end up.

2. Not for a prop SIC. I think when you make PIC?

3. It all depends.

Currently they are not running any SIC classes.

Pretty sure some of that is wrong.
When you complete training, as a prop SIC they give you a list of bases/runs that are open and can have an SIC there. You choose one of them. They don't help you get there. You as an SIC are doing nothing for the company until you reach PIC mins. You are dead wait that is getting paid and you can/will get bumped for weight or certain amounts of hazards materials.
They help you move once you are assigned a PIC base.
Your chances of getting Florida is anyones guess. There is one run in florida down in FXE. Pretty sure it doesn't build that much time anymore so it probably wouldn't be the best place to go. Go someplace with a high time run and get a crash pad. If you make small sacrifices it will benefit you in the future.
They currently aren't running ANY classes. But if they were they usually do a mix of PICs and SICs.

If you have your eyes on a specific base and aren't flexible to anything else, Airnet is not the place for you.
Call recruiting they have guys sitting around that will answer all of these questions with a salesman's tone behind it.

Yeah, I had some of it wrong.

Been sitting in the (hiring) pool too long and forgot some of the details.

Yeah they change every so often. Best info is usually available from pilot recruitment with the knowledge that they are recruiters not line pilots so take it what they say with a grain of salt.

If you have your eyes on a specific base and aren't flexible to anything else, Airnet is not the place for you.

Unless you get lucky and come in when they're hiring everyone and their cousin and will promise you the world.

Then the hard part becomes getting the recruiting promises to become reality.

The way things are right now though, Mike is dead on.

-mini

I'm flying in tomorrow night for an interview...this thread isn't filling me with happy thoughts...

If they were to start hiring again, does anyone know the order in which they pull fish from the pool? Is it total time, time in the pool, or CW's whim?

Back