Airline

TallFlyer

Watching Airline on A&E

If you ever had any doubt that there are some screwy people out there, doubt no longer....

In every episode of that show there is always a drunk person involved in something. Sad, if you ask me.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This show is too much like being at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

MQA,

It's strange to me how many people don't realize the best way to get great service from anyone is simply to give them your best manners and treat them like a real human being. On my last flight (on Continental) the person sitting next to me felt like being rude and berating the FA. He was about a foot and a half short than I was and at least 75 pounds lighter. I politlely made him aware of that fact, and he quickly shut up. The FA slipped me an extra 'meal.'
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's strange to me how many people don't realize the best way to get great service from anyone is simply to give them your best manners and treat them like a real human being. On my last flight (on Continental) the person sitting next to me felt like being rude and berating the FA. He was about a foot and a half short than I was and at least 75 pounds lighter. I politlely made him aware of that fact, and he quickly shut up. The FA slipped me an extra 'meal.'
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, funny how that works isn't it? When you're nice to someone, chances are, they'll be nice right back. It's a vicious circle
smile.gif
If you're nice to the crew, they'll be nice to you! A little common courtesy goes a long, long way.

Doing the all-nighter transcons from the west coast I was working business class aisle many times, and I would always ask everyone on 'my side' of the aircraft if they were asleep during dinner, if they wanted me to wake them up or leave them alone to sleep. You would not believe how happy these people were to be asked that! When I fly, I hate being shaken awake for a dinner I don't want, or dozing off and missing it completely! Some pax said yes, wake me up, and some said no, I want to sleep, but either way, it made them happy, started the flight out on a good note, and they showed their appreciation by being nice back to me! It made for very pleasant flights for me and them.

[ QUOTE ]
It's strange to me how many people don't realize the best way to get great service from anyone is simply to give them your best manners and treat them like a real human being. On my last flight (on Continental) the person sitting next to me felt like being rude and berating the FA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've never understood why people think getting rude with someone is going to get them to take better care of you. Ha! You're going to get the minimum level of service they can give you in that situation.

I did what you did once, too. There was a guy who was just being an ass to one of the crew. I finally said to him, you know that's someone's wife, someone's daughter, and someone's sister. How would you like it if someone was talking to them that way? He apologized, and then I said, no, no. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to.

Got a free bottle of champagne for doing that. But that wasn't why I did it.

What he was doing was just wrong.

So often we remember the crappy behavior and treatment we've seen/recieved. I try very hard to keep the good memories too.

Like the time I got back from my Northwest interview (1997). The interview went great, everything was totally clicking. Then they asked how tall I was, and I said 5'2". 5'2" happens to be their minimum height allowed, and since it was close they had to measure me. The interviewer put me up against a wall were there was a post-it note at the 5'2" mark. I was a half inch short of the post-it note. I'd always wanted to work for NWA, and to be sent home for being a half inch too short was heartbreaking. I got back to ORD and I was talking to my then-boyfriend/now-husband and there were tears just rolling down my face as I was telling him what had happened, some guy comes up out of nowhere and hands me one of those pocket-paks of Kleenex. He just gave it to me, smiled and walked away. To this day that was one of the nicest things anybody's ever done for me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I politlely made him aware of that fact, and he quickly shut up. The FA slipped me an extra 'meal.'
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A meal, hmmm? You are right, that is strange. HA!

Its people like that woman who missed her flight and was outraged that "nobody ever said" to be there early that make me want to haul freight.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Its people like that woman who missed her flight and was outraged that "nobody ever said" to be there early that make me want to haul freight.

[/ QUOTE ]

They probably don't realize how totally idiotic they look when they start throwing hissy fits like that.

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True! My wife was watching the show and was yelling B***H at the TV. The poor kids, to have a mother like that, well, those kids are future convicts for the prison system to deal with.

I enjoy watching this show!

[ QUOTE ]

It's strange to me how many people don't realize the best way to get great service from anyone is simply to give them your best manners and treat them like a real human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into a lot of these people when I was an insurance agent. My boss gave me the freedom to get nasty right back with them when necessary (although he thought I was way too nice and patient). One lady was particularly nasty for no reason. Her husband later called to apologize and said that was just how she got things done. People would give her what she wanted just to make her go away.

Some people don't understand or react to anything other than rude behavior, but the vast majority of people will be more cooperative if you treat them with respect.

ain't that the truth! I know a friend of my sister's who thinks the only way she can get thru to her hubby and hte only way for them to co-exist together and stay married is by yelling and fighting with each other non-stop... it's embarassing to hang out with them when we do! now - 2 kids later, they're still together and still fighting.. imagine that!

This show makes me wish airlines had dress codes. Don’t people have any class, anymore, anywhere? If I was traveling with someone who behaved so badly, I kick ‘em off the plane myself.

I couldn't believe all of the rude people I saw on the show last night. It's not Southwest's falt the lights went out on the east coast! I also couldn't believe that stupid lady who was blaming Southwest for missing her flight, when she arrived at check-in only 20 min prior to departure. As for those bikers travellin to Louisville, I think it is terrible what those kids did, but It is even more troubling that the parents contributed to the situation. Some people have no class!

There are so many trashy people - people with no class. Customer Service expectations really have gone way too far, especially from people who have no class. Companies have policies and procedures that customers must abide by, no exceptions.

I (and my mom, who watches it with me!) think this s a great showcase of SouthWest professionalism. I know that its just a small percent they are showing, but I enjoy watching people like our friend Yolanda take care of something. I a question though: Did Southwest pay for this show, or did A&E come to them?

I'm still pretty PO'd about the late China pax. Instead of following them around with "Are you late?", getting pax to another terminal is easy as pie.

Send ops an ACARS email about the situation, get a van and arrange to have the bags forwarded ASAP. Ops can also call the other airline on the land line and let them know of the situation.

Get on the PA on initial descent, advise the cabin that you've got two extraordinarily late connections and those that do not have short connections should remain seated momentarily. It works.

Done it a billion times.

But holding someone up in the terminal because there's a camera and a story there? puleeeeeeze!

yeah - that and the guy that got the agent outfit cuz he smelled too bad (in the first episode)... nobody mentioned that SWA got in major trouble for giving away their logo'd clothing - and yet they show it on the show to make themselves look good?! not smart in my opinion cuz now people will probably think they can go to the airport smelling really bad and get free SWA clothing!

Back