Airline

I don't know about the shirt, but they did show Suzie cutting off the logo on the pants. (Yes, I remembered her name
smile.gif
). I felt bad for the guy b/c he was obviously embarassed, but in addition, it was an attractive ~25 year old woman telling him he was a stanky-a$$ mf.

A&E came to SWA about the show. I'm pretty sure Suzie cut the tag off. I know it showed her snipping the tag on the pants, and there was a HUGE blow up about people donating old uniforms to the Salvation Army and not cutting the logos off about six months ago. This was filmed after that, so I'd think they would be pretty strict on that.

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many trashy people - people with no class.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I thought LCC meant Low Cost Carrier!
grin.gif

well, doug you (or delta) is much nicer then some carriers. We were flying from DFW to LAX on AA, over 2 hours late. The lady siting next to me was conecting to Qantas, but her flight left at our ETA. As fate would have it as we were landing, I saw out my window a Qantas 747 taxing out. When we got to the gate the gate agent said over the PA those of you conecting to Qantas, your flight has already left, but see us and we will get you re booked. Now knowing about what you do, it makes AA look not so nice. But I guess the beats SWA chasing them all over the airport.

[ QUOTE ]
well, doug you (or delta) is much nicer then some carriers. We were flying from DFW to LAX on AA, over 2 hours late. The lady siting next to me was conecting to Qantas, but her flight left at our ETA. As fate would have it as we were landing, I saw out my window a Qantas 747 taxing out. When we got to the gate the gate agent said over the PA those of you conecting to Qantas, your flight has already left, but see us and we will get you re booked. Now knowing about what you do, it makes AA look not so nice. But I guess the beats SWA chasing them all over the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they didn't say "Just go to Qantas, they'll take care of you." That happened quite frequently with AA interline misconnects when I worked as an agent (for an international airline other than Qantas).

[ QUOTE ]
(although he thought I was way too nice and patient)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto there, Dave. My wife gets mad at me and tells me I'm too nice and kind to people.

But dealing with airline gate agents can often be very trying. Unfortunately they probably see the brunt of frustrations coming from PAX who have no clue why there aircraft isn't there. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but when I go speak with a gate agent to ask a question I often feel like they're already on the defensive.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but when I go speak with a gate agent to ask a question I often feel like they're already on the defensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's because they've already been hounded by 100 other people, you know?

It's amazing to me how often I'm told when I have a problem that needs to be solved "you're acting very calm, sir." And I tell them, well, screaming and shouting at you isn't going to help.

Watched Airline again the other night. Few things . . . if the kids were rowdy and not following the instructions of the crew . . . I would not allow them on their connecting flight as that could be a liability to the airline should they encounter turbulence again, and a kid moving around gets hurt (esp. in today's world where you can sue and win even though it was your own stupidity).

Also, the woman who was late checking in and acting like a complete b!%$h, was completely at fault, and had no reason to act the way she did, and to put her kids through that . . . they would look away everytime the camera was on them . . . you know they're being made fun of at school right now.

The Iranian with the suitcase TSA went through . . . going off because TSA went through his bags . . . even without knowing where he was from, we have a need to be secure with items being checked.

Lastly, the guy with the rifle . . . doesn't help us in the Air Force as he pointed out he was a former Air Force Officer, but the comment . . . "I don't even look Arab" or something to that effect . . . classic!

If nothing else, it's a good reality show because it presents idiots that make ourselves seem more behaved and such.

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, the guy with the rifle . . . doesn't help us in the Air Force as he pointed out he was a former Air Force Officer, but the comment . . . "I don't even look Arab" or something to that effect . . . classic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't help those of us that enjoy shooting, either. However, I did notice that once the supervisor came and realized that the guy had done what he was supposed to w/ his firearm, the issue became the guy being a big fat arse (which he definately was).

Low Class Carrier

Hey Aloft, we used to have a saying about Metrojet and Southwest.

As we see one fly by we look up and say, "Look, another trailer park has been emptied!"

Re: Low Class Carrier

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's because they've already been hounded by 100 other people, you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It stinks that the other people who are being so rude are ruining it for those of us who are polite.

Case in point: I was in DFW with my wife and we were without seats for the last flight back to MCO. I had asked four or five ticket agents very politely what our status was. There were WX problems at the airport and the lines were long. I'm sure all of the people in front of me were rude because I was treated like a four year old child each time I got to the ticket counter. We went to have dinner and came back. The lines were gone and the ticket agent said she felt bad for me, unlike others she had dealt with earlier, and she got us back home that night.

I know if I went up there and acted like a jerk, we would have been camping out in the terminal that night. I'm just baffled why people have to be so rude.

Ehh don't hate on the LCC's too much, my aunt used to say the exact same thing when she worked for TWA.

-tiger

We have an entitlement-based society.

If there is a maintenance delay, people instantly are in your face screaming and usually want compensation for the delay.

We had to change aircraft once because of a maintenance issue and one of the passengers was in the captain's face screaming "We're going to be a half hour late now, shame on you! What do I get in compensation?"

Or even better, the girls will be in the aisle serving and passengers will start grabbing things off the cart as they're serving, including alcohol.

Or when I was jumpseating United from ORD to MCO to go see Kristie when I was living in MKE, I was walking back to the passenger cabin and a lady grabs my newspaper. She didn't want to give it back and "instructed" me to go get myself another. And she paid $X amount for her ticket and I shouldn't get all disturbed by a $.50 newspaper...

I got my paper back!

Or the lady that pushed me and Kristie out of the way in San Diego screaming "Excuuuuuse MAAAAY, Excuuuuuuse MAAAAAAAAAY" because they were boarding first class. And we were sitting in first class as well.

People get weird at the airport and after I retire, I'd like to tour those people's living rooms and offices, leave my newspaper strewn on their floor, put my dirty shoes on their wall and show up unannounced and dig through their refridgerator.

[ QUOTE ]

Or when I was jumpseating United from ORD to MCO to go see Kristie when I was living in MKE, I was walking back to the passenger cabin and a lady grabs my newspaper. She didn't want to give it back and "instructed" me to go get myself another. And she paid $X amount for her ticket and I shouldn't get all disturbed by a $.50 newspaper...

I got my paper back!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good reason to have a taser to quickly and quietly get your paper back from rude people.
laugh.gif

Oh man, if I had a taser, I'd have been arrested by now!

Because when that passenger was picking on me last week on American, I'd have zapped him silly.

Grr...

[ QUOTE ]
We had to change aircraft once because of a maintenance issue and one of the passengers was in the captain's face screaming "We're going to be a half hour late now, shame on you! What do I get in compensation?"

[/ QUOTE ] I'd say "compensation?... you get to live - how's that for compensation?"
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on a US Airways flight one time and the captain came on and said we've got a problem with the back up oxygen generator and won't be able to leave tonight. The flight was from BWI to Pittsburgn and then on to LAX.

So some moron says, it's just an hour flight, who needs a backup oxygen generator. Someone said to him, well, I'm going to LA, and I'd sure like to be able to breathe!

The same butthead was confrontational with the gate agent and was told, sorry, no flights will get you there, you'll have to catch the first one out tomorrow. He stormed off with the "I'm never flying your airline again" speech.

You just gotta love those kind of people. And the scary thing is, they are breeding.

Just in case if anybody missed this past Monday night show of Airline then you can catch it on A&E tonight at 11pm. By the way, I forgot to mention earlier that Southwest Airlines wasn't the first choice for the show 'Airline'. I heard from a source that "Airline" asked some of the major airlines such as AA, UA, CO, etc. & they all declined it. Only Southwest Airlines accepted to be in a show. Thought that was a neat little fact.

"you'll have to catch the first one out tomorrow. He stormed off with the "I'm never flying your airline again" speech."

What's the problem with these type of people?

Usually the airline if they are forced to stay until the next day (assuming it isn't their fault) will get the passengers a hotel room unless I am wrong. Some people need to lighten up and enjoy the ride.

People get extra pissy on airplanes because for so many years, the squeaky wheel got the 'grease'.

Throw a tantrum back in the old days, they'd throw you freebies or upgrades to placate you. But the average Joe caught on and whenever there is a irregular event, boy, "Drama Queen City".

Back