Airline

Re: Low Class Carrier

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, but is also the first to be removed.

Im catching my first episode now..must be a rerun.
Im so tired of SWA cheerleading and how they can do no wrong. Can you imagine if UNited did this same show with the exact say scenarios and everything? There would be a congressional investigation and a new passenger bill of rights. But b.c its SWA its funny and people can relax about it, and in the end SWA wins again.

shhhhewwww, deep breathe......ok Im done
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

shhhhewwww, deep breathe......ok Im done
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you're the only major airline making money for a couple of years straight, you can have it like that...
grin.gif

Really, they are a fun airline...one of the only fun airlines out there! If United would relax and treat their PAX right, they might get some props, too!!!
tongue.gif

You wanna know something funny? Instead of overwhelming the poor gate agent like everyone else did, I called the reservations number. They booked me on an AirTran flight to get me down to where I needed to go. And they told me to get the paperwork from the gate agent to get things done.

When I got the the front of the line, I smiled at the gate agent and said, rough day? He chuckled and said you haven't seen the half of it, sir.

It was nice to put a smile on that poor guy's face. He had 100 other people yelling at him and I know that he was happy that someone was polite to him. He got me put in the business class section on ATA. I don't know if that was because I was nice to him or not, but I'm sure it helped.

[ QUOTE ]
He got me put in the business class section on ATA.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean AirTran? Does ATA have business class?

Yes I'm familiar with ATA.

They do not have business class last time I checked.

[ QUOTE ]
I think Tony means ATA => American Transgender Air

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I crack myself up.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Throw a tantrum back in the old days, they'd throw you freebies or upgrades to placate you. But the average Joe caught on and whenever there is a irregular event, boy, "Drama Queen City".

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, drama has its place! A few years ago, drama got me a fully loaded Grand Cherokee Limited for $100 over dealer invoice!
cool.gif
Just never be the one to play that card first; wait for the other shmuck to give you an opening before taking the shot!

AirTran, my bad. Look at when I was typing. I'm not working today, so think about what I had probably done before I came home.

I found out it was only $20 more for the business class but I was still happy to be in it.

grin.gif

Just as long as I don't have to sign up for any operations before the flight, I'd be cool with that one. Actually, that might make for one very entertaining flight!

grin.gif

Just finished watching this weeks episodes. I thought they were really good, it was cool what they did for that captain. I still don't know how I feel about overselling flights. I totally understand why they do it and know most of the time it works out. Many of my relatives will try to get bumped just for the extra travel voucher. The thing is that when nobody gets off, if I couldn't get out I'd be pretty upset. Sometimes it wouldn't be that big a deal, but if you're just going away for a weekend, have connections, or have to be back for work it would be a huge hassle. Depends on the situation I guess
smirk.gif

This is why I allow an extra day to get where I'm going and an extra day to get back, especially if I'm flying stand-by. If I'm going on SWA, I can always check the loads and get a feel of how it's going to be. If it's more than 130, I generally will try another flight unless it's 1st thing in the morning. It was INSANE at MCO the week b/w Xmas and New Years. Every flight out of Orlando was oversold (I saw one that was booked to 190). SWA generally has a large no-show factor, so MOST of the time it works out. Holidays and weekends are a different story, though.

Anyone saw tonights show of "Airline". If so, my question is: How in hell did that pinhead make it all to way inside a plane without a ticket? Forget a ticket......without an ID?

Things that make you go Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Id like to know where that guy got a haircut, he looked kinda like Vanilla Ice, with a shaved ring around his head then a patch of sideburns - pretty strange dude.
tongue.gif

......ummmm I threw my ticket away I think
confused.gif
Sounds like Steve Martin in Planes Tranes and Automobiles.

My question from tonight's episode: Does every pilot get a send-off like that on their retirement flight?

Even my wife likes that show now. We watched last weeks shows on Sunday night and then this weeks last night. What a night of mindless entertainment. American Idol, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, and Airline...

Back