Airline

I've seen a couple in Orlando, but I've never seen Herb and Colleen come out for them. Normally, there's the firehose arc thing and a huge party, though.

[ QUOTE ]
My question from tonight's episode: Does every pilot get a send-off like that on their retirement flight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, or at least I hope so, as long as somebody make the arrangements in advance, when I was at Nippon Cargo Airlines we threw one hell of a party. We had the fire trucks, a plaque for the Captain, flowers for the family, a card signed by every crew member that came into the office for the past month, and whatever else we could muster up.

At every pilots last flight, there was guaranteed to be a room-full of tears, my favorite gift, is a retirement cane that I found in a joke store, comes equipped with a rearview mirror and a rabbit's foot.

At Polar Air Cargo, we had a couple of retirement flight parties. I think the best one was when I was driving the pilot's wife to the party she told me that she had some nudie photos take for the pilot, I took a lookie, not tooo bad.

My question is, raised by my fiance, is was it necessary to show the man who pooped in is pants? His wife was so embarassed and so apologetic, there was no need to make her feel worse by putting this man on television to show the entire country that he crapped in his pants.

By far the biggest pitch as to 'how far we will go for you'?

Completely unnecessary

I'm sure anyone shown on the show would have to sign some sort of release or consent to having their image shown. Though in his case, it seems only the wife would have had the ability to do so.

I don't really agree with them showing that part either. I know watching I was like why do we need to see this. It would have been better as a story or a quick segment, not such a major part of the episode. The supervisor was good for going way beyond his normal duty, but still, I'm not sure that everyone is going to be that nice.

Back