Airline Interview.com Seminar

[ QUOTE ]
As I said before those who can’t do…. teach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
tongue.gif
smirk.gif

I am not flying for an airline right now by choice. The airlines I would like to fly for are not hiring, or not hiring me at any rate. I would probably go to jetBlue if they asked, although it would still be a tough decision, because I would be taking a huge cut in pay.

There is nothing like running your own business.

As to the quotes he brought up out of context, yes I did say them, out of context!

Yeah that video clip is very old. I need to get a new one. That was in Apr 2002 I believe. I know exactly the errors you are talking about, too. I was very nervous that day as it was my first safety seminar. I used it because I had the video on tape, and I was just learning how to use Movie Maker. I'll get a video clip from my next airline interview.com seminar and you will see that I have improved.

Can I see a videotape of how you flew on your first solo? kidding!

Back to airlines. I have not pursued any regionals as I do not want to go back to 20k a year, even for a short time.

Considering how much we spend on flight training, I think it is worth every penny to get advise for the interview.

Some schools do include it, eh hem and ours is pretty darn impressive from the workshops I have attended.

You have me curious. I approached a few schools about doing an interview seminar and didn't get a good response. TAB said, "why should we hire you? We have airline pilots working for us now!"

I'd like to think that as someone who has studied the interview process for nearly 14 years now, I could offer some expertise. I guess not, in their case!

[ QUOTE ]
TAB said, "why should we hire you? We have airline pilots working for us now!"

I'd like to think that as someone who has studied the interview process for nearly 14 years now, I could offer some expertise. I guess not, in their case!

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's all take a look at the above statement - NOT taken out of context, but vertatim.... Because the reason is glaring.

Here's the answer:

TAB wants AIRLINE PILOTS. Active pilots. Pilots who fly the line currently.

Not someone who "has studied the interview process for nearly 14 years now.."

{Before anyone gets their feelings hurt or goes off on a tangent about "hostility", you'll notice the TOTAL lack of exclamation points, frowny faces, or otherwise. Not meant as a hostile statement. Just an observation.}

Yes good point, ...

... but R2F, I have active airline piots working with me!

I've got guys from Delta, Southwest, jetBlue, Airtran and even Colgan!

All of these pilots have current experience doing interviews.

Although I have never attended one of JT seminars, I dont think he is doing anything wrong. He offers from what I can see, a reasonably priced career orientated seminar that cant really do anything but help someone who may be interviewing with an airline/fractional. I think he is doing a better service to pilots than Kit Darby (Air Inc) and his false promises, at least JT doesnt glare over the fact with glossy false claims, he in fact as we all know form his posts here, does quite the opposite at times. I say lets give him a break, let him do his thing and move on.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes good point, ...

... but R2F, I have active airline piots working with me!

I've got guys from Delta, Southwest, jetBlue, Airtran and even Colgan!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's good stuff, JT. That's a lot of experience. No disagreement here.

But, I don't see what that has to do with you getting a job at TAB or an airline.

I don't think John is doing anything "wrong" by offering seminars on getting a job with an airline.

I do find it a bit odd coming from someone who is not the biggest fan of the airline life, but that' my own observation.

I compare it to the guy who says "MAN - this tastes like CRAP!!! Here - you eat it."

Well the printed word does not portray emotions properly. I am not against airline life for those who are cut out to do it.

I am against airline life for those who have been "misled" in to believing it will be glamorous, easy, richly rewarding in cash, etc.

My 7 years of airline flying were perfect for me at that stage of my life, which was single and pretty mobile. To start a low end commuter airline job right now would be extremely challenging for me, now that I am "Married with Children."

I am still talking to several airlines about management pilot positions, though. These would be mostly mon-fri 9-5 jobs, although I'd be on call 24 hrs. I have been in "airline interviews" many times in the last few months!!!

I think the TAB experience was probably an exception. The other flight schools might be more open, and might have more cash. TAB is pretty tight right now.

well???

did John say it???

"Please don't leave Boeing to be a pilot!

Worst thing I ever did.

Resist the urge to make "your vacation your vocation"

Save up some money, buy a nice airplane for yourself and ENJOY flying until you are old

If you become an airline pilot you will ruin a wonderful joy."

well?

[ QUOTE ]
well???

did John say it???

[/ QUOTE ]

In a previous post I said:

[ QUOTE ]
As to the quotes he brought up out of context, yes I did say them, out of context!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not advise a Boeing engineer to embark on an airline career without plenty of research.

As for needling me about what I said, in the future please do your homework and read the forum before you make your comments Mr. Moderator.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well???

did John say it???

[/ QUOTE ]

In a previous post I said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not advise a Boeing engineer to embark on an airline career without plenty of research.

As for needling me about what I said, in the future please do your homework and read the forum before you make your comments Mr. Moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I missed your reply, ( I tend to only read about a third of what you write)

I guess the question then becomes what is the difference between an engineer, or a soon to be defrocked preist quitting a well paid position to become a pilot or a 21 year old CFI doing the same?

Either you want to work or you don't if you choice of work is aviation, then who cares what you are leaving if you have the wherewithall to do so.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks I missed your reply, ( I tend to only read about a third of what you write)

[/ QUOTE ]

Touché!

Good question on the defrocked priest. Could he become an Airline Pilot? As I recall the ATP requires "Good Moral Character."

I'm looking forward to this repsonse
smile.gif

I suppose I jumped on the engineering job because of my previous history. I regret leaving engineering, but only sometimes. I believe that with the discipline/people skills/big picture and attitude I have learned/acquired in an airline career, I could be ten times the engineer I was before. Boeing is a great company who treats their employees very well, or at least it is said in the industry. I remember when Boeing was rumored to be buying the division of GE I was working for, we were all excited about the prospect because of the rumors, and you have to do pretty good to beat GE at employee appreciation (GE stands for Generous and Enormous.)

[ QUOTE ]
As I recall the ATP requires "Good Moral Character."

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to be working for the law firm that collects on the award from the first lawsuit where the govenment refuses an ATP certificate based only on the on "Good Moral Character." issue.

They could shut down the the office for a year or two and send everyone on the staff on one huge vacation from the windfall.

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to be working for the law firm that collects on the award from the first lawsuit where the govenment refuses an ATP certificate based only on the on "Good Moral Character." issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

The government has refused several ATP certificates based on the applicant not having "good moral character." If you take a look in the book "FAR's Explained," you can find the case examples there.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The government has refused several ATP certificates based on the applicant not having "good moral character." If you take a look in the book "FAR's Explained," you can find the case examples there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring a coinviction (Felon) I dont't think it would hold up if pressed. which I am (pressed for time gotta run)

ESF is right. Ex-cons and personal bankruptcies have a difficult time getting an ATP nowadays.

Of course if you are a radical Muslim male between the ages of 18-30, shouting "Allah will Crush the United States!" you will have no problem!

[ QUOTE ]
Ex-cons and personal bankruptcies have a difficult time getting an ATP nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. There goes just about everyone that comes out of the major academies and me.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
everyone that comes out of the major academies and me
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Eeeewwwwww!!! You have PEOPLE coming out of you????

Dude!! I'd get that checked if I were you!!!

grin.gif

Back