Air Wagner

Oh that’s precisely it, I’m sure. Take 3/4s of that • out of his panel and I’d wager he’s flying skills would improve by at least an order of magnitude. I feel like most of the poor flying I’ve seen him do (sans really poor decision making) could very often be contributed to finger blasting one panel or another.
Idk, if a dude is distractable enough to get in and unusual attitude when he’s got an attitude indicator the size of his face in front of him he’ll find a way to get wonky trying to figure out why he’s set up the HSI for reverse sensing while flying the iron gyro

Idk, if a dude is distractable enough to get in and unusual attitude when he’s got an attitude indicator the size of his face in front of him he’ll find a way to get wonky trying to figure out why he’s set up the HSI for reverse sensing while flying the iron gyro
Oh I don’t disagree. Like at all. If you notice I didn’t say he’d become a competent, just that his skills would improve. He’s so far in the hole that glancing at the AI a few more times a minute isn’t going to make him safe… just less dangerous.

Edit to add… I really don’t thing his stick and rudder skills are his worst quality. What really scares me about him is the ADM he demonstrates and his attitude. His flying skills will kill him, but his decision making will put him in a situation that relies on the flying skills.

Last edited:
Wait I don’t think we are doing “phrasing” anymore. Are we still doing “phrasing”?
cover10.jpg

His FO had a couple nervous laughs in there…the “I’m in danger” meme comes to mind

Being a single pilot airplane operated under part 91 - at this stage I’d call the guy a witness, and if the accident sequence unfolds as we all expect it to - victim.

It is mind blowing that Jerry flies this poorly, publishes it, and constantly gets school by professionals yet never learns.

We also don’t have the “I got behind the airplane because I clicked the wrong button on the GPS” excuse (even though it’s clear the guy doesn’t know how to sequence active legs in a GTN750 and has no business flying an RNAV approach), because of the last deleted YouTube video where he did exactly the same “Jerry graveyard spiral” into unusual attitude in IMC but on an ILS approach.

It’s just basic attitude instrument scan. What’s the meme? “Sounds like a skill issue”?

One day this is going to happen at 300 ft instead of 1500 ft and he’s going to take poor Mrs. Wagner and Robert with him.

We also don’t have the “I got behind the airplane because I clicked the wrong button on the GPS” excuse (even though it’s clear the guy doesn’t know how to sequence active legs in a GTN750 and has no business flying an RNAV approach), because of the last deleted YouTube video where he did exactly the same “Jerry graveyard spiral” into unusual attitude in IMC but on an ILS approach.

It’s just basic attitude instrument scan. What’s the meme? “Sounds like a skill issue”?

One day this is going to happen at 300 ft instead of 1500 ft and he’s going to take poor Mrs. Wagner and Robert with him.
He has syn vis. If you get jammed up on the sequencing put the FPS on the runway threshold and flare when hear the pax scream

*for legal reasons this is a joke

Oh that’s precisely it, I’m sure. Take 3/4s of that • out of his panel and I’d wager he’s flying skills would improve by at least an order of magnitude. I feel like most of the poor flying I’ve seen him do (sans really poor decision making) could very often be contributed to finger blasting one panel or another.
I’m not so sure. Back in the day when he was “flying” his C320, he had zero tech if I recall correctly. Don’t even think he had an ipad. And he still fell out of the sky on an ILS ‍♂️

I’m not so sure. Back in the day when he was “flying” his C320, he had zero tech if I recall correctly. Don’t even think he had an ipad. And he still fell out of the sky on an ILS ‍♂️
He had that stupid iPad because he didn’t have the tech… that’s why he still has it. Old habits that get in the way now.

Wait… he has a copilot in a company shirt?

I’m assuming the Robert is an insurance requirement or family?
Because why would anybody take that job in the current market.

I'll put good money on the insurance underwriters sudden reluctance to insure single pilot big piston twins is because of Jerry and the San Diego crash. The OAK FSDO may not want to bother doing their jobs, but the insurance companies aren't stupid.

However, I think they are pissing in the wind with Jerry. Even if they won't cover him and his "co-pilot" is actually PIC, he's going to do the same crap as always.

. Even if they won't cover him and his "co-pilot" is actually PIC, he's going to do the same crap as always.
To be fair, not a peep from the right seat as they began to roll over. I can't tell if he's part of the crew or just in Jerry's way most of the time.

He had that stupid iPad because he didn’t have the tech… that’s why he still has it. Old habits that get in the way now.
I went back and looked. He had a handheld Garmin and then got the ipad later. In any event, he didn’t have near the amount of screens he does now, and still sucked. I don’t think it’s the screens that are hurting him. He just sucks!

Back