Air Wagner

614FDEA5-2C96-4E4A-B8E2-86DB10E97037.jpeg

Close enough?

I can’t wait to see the video he posts documenting his 709 ride!

And for the record, I disagree with the disclaimer he puts at the beginning… his videos are highly instructional as what NOT to do in an airplane…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might be onto something. Just look in the comments of his videos. Either this guy is a complete moron or he is trolling...

View attachment 71536
Found another gem in there.

Eric Fletcher

11 hours ago
No, The autopilot didn't throw you off course. YOU Threw yourself off course. At no time were you on a stabilized approach. You should have gone around because you were never set up for the approach

Jerry Wagner
10 hours ago (edited)
Correct Eric, when I took the radio from Robert I was going to ask them for a heading and altitude to go around and try again but then the airport came into view so we took the visual, of course you know Eric that you execute a missed approach at the missed approach point and we were not over the airport, I was able to load the FAF (ENCOL) to get back on course because as you know Eric the protected segment of the approach is the approach course not the autopilot turning back to the IAF, they also waited until very late to turn us inbound as I mentioned on the video.

Oof. I mean, is this really what he thinks? You can't go missed unill the MAP?

This picture does not do this situation any justice.

Just watching the 20 seconds before this happens is a case study in task saturation. Manually fighting the autopilot turn. Then clicks it off with extra force applied to the yoke. Enters the cloud and throws himself into a 30-40 degree AOB. VSI pegged. What I find very telling is, the second he quits finger • the GPS and then goes back to his primary flight instruments. he barely makes an adjustment to his attitude. Either not recognizing the situation hes put himself in, or hes just wanting to get below the clouds. I honestly can't tell.

This picture does not do this situation any justice.

Just watching the 20 seconds before this happens is a case study in task saturation. Manually fighting the autopilot turn. Then clicks it off with extra force applied to the yoke. Enters the cloud and throws himself into a 30-40 degree AOB. VSI pegged. What I find very telling is, the second he quits finger • the GPS and then goes back to his primary flight instruments. he barely makes an adjustment to his attitude. Either not recognizing the situation hes put himself in, or hes just wanting to get below the clouds. I honestly can't tell.
Totally. He did it to himself. Turned off a functioning autopilot, immediately quit scanning (if he ever was scanning) his instruments, flew himself into a graveyard spiral while trying to do the "copilot's" job (oh hey I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, I AM SUPER PILOT AND THIS IS MY PLANE, LET ME JUST SHOW YOU THERE SON, I CAN DO IT FASTER MYSELF THAN I CAN SPIT OUT THE WORDS TO TELL YOU WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO) and wheeeeheew. I saw on reddit someone found the ADSB data and at one point he reached 4400fpm in the descent :oops:

I don't think he intentionally flew out of the clouds, I think if the weather was at 300ovc he would've ridden that thing straight in to the ground.

Some of his other videos show a lack of airmanship, lack of understanding, and basic overinflated sense of ego and ability, but this video makes it appear as if he actually came close to buying the farm.

Totally. He did it to himself. Turned off a functioning autopilot, immediately quit scanning (if he ever was scanning) his instruments, flew himself into a graveyard spiral while trying to do the "copilot's" job (oh hey I KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, I AM SUPER PILOT AND THIS IS MY PLANE, LET ME JUST SHOW YOU THERE SON, I CAN DO IT FASTER MYSELF THAN I CAN SPIT OUT THE WORDS TO TELL YOU WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO) and wheeeeheew. I saw on reddit someone found the ADSB data and at one point he reached 4400fpm in the descent :oops:

I don't think he intentionally flew out of the clouds, I think if the weather was at 300ovc he would've ridden that thing straight in to the ground.

Some of his other videos show a lack of airmanship, lack of understanding, and basic overinflated sense of ego and ability, but this video makes it appear as if he actually came close to buying the farm.
Yeah I just posted the ADSB data up above. 5100fpm.

Found another gem in there.

Eric Fletcher

11 hours ago
No, The autopilot didn't throw you off course. YOU Threw yourself off course. At no time were you on a stabilized approach. You should have gone around because you were never set up for the approach

Jerry Wagner
10 hours ago (edited)
Correct Eric, when I took the radio from Robert I was going to ask them for a heading and altitude to go around and try again but then the airport came into view so we took the visual, of course you know Eric that you execute a missed approach at the missed approach point and we were not over the airport, I was able to load the FAF (ENCOL) to get back on course because as you know Eric the protected segment of the approach is the approach course not the autopilot turning back to the IAF, they also waited until very late to turn us inbound as I mentioned on the video.

Oof. I mean, is this really what he thinks? You can't go missed unill the MAP?

First time I ever really considered posting a comment on a YouTube video. I’m mean dafuq kinda nonsense is that?

How CAN he scan? He’s got so much information being blasted at him with the insane amount of electronics he seems to need

I really don't understand what it takes for a fsdo to take enforcement action. This guy has no business flying an airplane anywhere except over the ocean and no one else on board.

Federal agencies aren't designed to be proactive. They'll scrape his innards out of a six foot hole before telling him how to fly his airplane.

For those that don’t want to watch to minute 26…

“What’s it doing?” (Assigned altitude 6000):
View attachment 71521

Trying to activate vectors to final on the RNAV 10L into OAK, from just outside the FAF (by the way, why not menu, activate leg and just intercept that segment?). Activates approach from IAF instead. Turns into IMC to follow course guidance to IAF (at FAF altitude). Realizes in IMC, disconnects autopilot, does this…

View attachment 71522
View attachment 71523

Breaks out around 1000 ft.
Poor bastard in the right seat: “Woah!”
Jerry: “I’ve got it!”

View attachment 71524

“Tower the autopilot threw us off course!”

This is the second time since I’ve been paying attention Jerry has, for lack of a better word, “fallen out of” an instrument approach to OAK in IMC and then put it on YouTube (the first was the ILS 28R). He’s either got nine lives, or the self awareness to have high enough personal minimums that he can recover from the inevitable unusual attitude, or both.

Screenshots preserved here for the historical record if this video disappears tomorrow.
WELL THAT WAS SCHLOPPY.

Didn't he get into the yellow arc diving thru the clouds in the deleted vid? Lol.

Last edited:
For those that don’t want to watch to minute 26…

“What’s it doing?” (Assigned altitude 6000):
View attachment 71521

Trying to activate vectors to final on the RNAV 10L into OAK, from just outside the FAF (by the way, why not menu, activate leg and just intercept that segment?). Activates approach from IAF instead. Turns into IMC to follow course guidance to IAF (at FAF altitude). Realizes in IMC, disconnects autopilot, does this…

View attachment 71522
View attachment 71523

Breaks out around 1000 ft.
Poor bastard in the right seat: “Woah!”
Jerry: “I’ve got it!”

View attachment 71524

“Tower the autopilot threw us off course!”

This is the second time since I’ve been paying attention Jerry has, for lack of a better word, “fallen out of” an instrument approach to OAK in IMC and then put it on YouTube (the first was the ILS 28R). He’s either got nine lives, or the self awareness to have high enough personal minimums that he can recover from the inevitable unusual attitude, or both.

Screenshots preserved here for the historical record if this video disappears tomorrow.

Not having seen the video and not being TOTALLY familiar with his set up, I'm guessing he's blowing through 6000 since he has 7000 set on the bug and has it in a climb mode?

Good lawd, no wonder he took down that video. I would imagine someone might be wanting to speak with him. I really think he actually believes he knows WTF is doing.

Back