Advice needed

Years? LOL.
Well this just got awkward

I don't know where you're going with this Derg. But I feel like you're putting my integrity in question now in regards to this matter.

Here are the facts:

I *paid* airlineapps in 2016, 2017, 2018, and I believe 2019 in order to escape to the big 3 airlines for their NYC base. 2016 was because that is when AS purchased VX. No calls/emails from any of the big 3. March 2019 we moved to California and became CA (which I had skipped to stay in New York as FO). It was at this in this year we decided that since we've pulled the trigger and moved anyway that we may as well stick it out and enjoy. The whole reason for wanting to leave was staying in the NYC area in the first place. For a time in 2018 I had a mindset that I'd commute for a bit, maybe move, but still keep trying for the big 3 and then move back to NYC. But that quickly changed once we moved into CA.

2020 - pandemic hits. I did NOT pay airline apps the 69.95 renewal feel. I never logged and updated anything. Same for 2021, same for 2022, same for 2023. My last update should be late 2018 / and some part of 2019.

Now I don't know what you see on your end. Does it still show an "active" application on file? If so, then AirlineApps blatantly lied. My app should not be active. It hasn't been paid for since 2019, so how can you see it? Plato's operation said you get one free app per year (at which point you have to start over and submit a new app if you want it to be free - the implication here being your app expires and wont be seen by the airline). Or you can pay 69.95 annually and it stays active and can apply to multiple airlines. So if you haven't paid, I don't see how any airline sees my application. If you can see it, then the Delta-owner of that website lied to his customers.

Whatever information you're seeing, 1. you shouldn't be seeing it and 2. should be outdated late 2018/parts of 2019. If you can see my info for some reason, then more power to ya. I'm surprised because it shouldn't be the case. Delta was anal about updating the app every [I think it was every 6 months] otherwise you risk "being dropped out" of the system. Whatever system that is.

Then again, I went to OBAP in 2016 and was told by the recruiter I saw that Delta did have a point system and every bit helps (GPA, advanced degree, etc). But you were adamant on the forums that even in 2016 there was no point scoring. I was clearly told the app was hand scored and then if it exceeded a target threshold, it would move further with a potential interview.

Don't know, don't care anymore. I just want the record to be clear to show that I do not have ANY active application on file with Delta, nor am I seeking employment with Delta. Or United. Or American. Whatever you are seeing on your back end is outdated, old, and not updated since late 2018/parts of 2019.

You actually got me scared that I actually checked my credit card statement to make sure the Delta crooks that run that Airline Apps weren't just auto-renewing and charging me 69.95 every year without my knowledge. Just confirmed I don't see any charges from Airline Apps.

...Don't know, don't care anymore...

cdb49ee80cd64d0afcca2405cac5b0bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

@derg You know when he get's hot and bothered you've struck a nerve

Precisely.

If I was in my 30's, you bet your ass I'd have my feelers out there. It's not like going out to dinner with your wife and picking up on a waitress, it's more like everyone is hiring are you happy, comfortable and are you on the path to your ultimate ambitions.

Now is probably the best time in a generation to test the waters.

Precisely.

If I was in my 30's, you bet your ass I'd have my feelers out there. It's not like going out to dinner with your wife and picking up on a waitress, it's more like everyone is hiring are you happy, comfortable and are you on the path to your ultimate ambitions.

Now is probably the best time in a generation to test the waters.

That’s an opinion. IMO walking away from maxed 12th yr scale to start at the bottom of a 15k list would be unwise. We’ll know when we retire.

Then it becomes 15… then it becomes 20… and then it becomes "Man, i'd have been a widebody captain at Brand X, all my copilots left for FDX and UAL and I'm just grumpy" or not.

And yes, it is an opinion! :)

I was super senior LCP in LAX basically flying Hawaii or anywhere else I wanted to fly. Maxed out, short commute to work, my chief pilot makes breakfast for us, to order and I threw it all away. Because none of those things mean anything to me because they're ultimately unsatisfying after a period of time.

One of my friends that's involved in a particular process likes to ask highly experienced 121 pilots "Why SouthernJets after X years at (large domestic carrier) do you find yourself in this office?" and it's kind of a common story.

I mean 12th yr as a milestone, in that payscales are Year 1-12. That’s what I mean by maxed out. Though some union thugs can explain to me why it’s only a 12 yr scale?

I’ve only flown narrowbodies. I do that Hawaii flying like you out of LAX. My kids are young, I value time at home. This month, I only had 3 overnights. Next month, I only have 2 overnights. It is literally a day job for me :)

With young kids, I love that. More power to you, if I didn’t have kids, I’d be all over the world. But as it stands, the idea of an A350 and being gone 5-7+ nights doesn’t appeal to me, at all. Different priorities for different folks. I’m loving my day trips right now. :)

If it works out, I spend 15 yrs or so in the top 10% and retire #2…

austin-powers-mike-myers.gif

To the OP, I am in my 12th year at the company in which you are possibly going to be hitched to. I have no regrets about not going to the big 3 or the 2 cargo outfits. My circumstances allow me to have a really good QOL. With that said who knows what bases survive if the merger happens(besides the obvious ones). If I were you I wouldn’t hesitate to put my application in at those fore mentioned airlines. Give yourself options and then make a decision. No one ever leaves DL or UA to come to Blue Juice Factory but plenty do the opposite(we have had a couple of UPS guys come over, head scratcher). Good luck in whatever you’re going to do.

-For reference, I sit at about 39% on the overall seniority list

I have been clicking refresh on my email sooooo frequently. Added January’s worth of multi PIC this morning, too. Maybe that will kick my app across the finish line.
any day man...btw...how senior did DFW go?

It's like one last F U on the way out the door. Or a nice, career-altering trajectory if I get stuck. Take your pick! Por Que no los dos?

Back