Academy Pay

God-speed

Pay

FAA Air Traffic Controller jobs are rewarding and the pay is good.
Starting Pay for Air Traffic Controller Recruits
(excludes locality pay rates)General Public*$17,046AT-CTI Graduates*$17,046Veterans Recruitment Appointment$33,100Retired military controllers$33,100Current or former Federal controllers$33,100
*Represents pay while completing entry level training at the FAA Academy. The pay increases to $33,100 after reporting to an assigned facility and continues to increase as each required developmental training phase is completed.

Hey guys is that pay scale for the time we are there or is that an annual pay scale? example 3 month class = 17,046 or 3 month class is 17,047/12 = 1420.58 per month x 3 = 4,260 plus the $79.20 per day reimburstment.

or in short we getting paid 17k or 4k for being there 3 months plus the reimburstment?

the 17k represents an annual salary for that time period. So you would be getting the 4k plus.

If I am not mistaken, you also receive your locality pay while you are at OKC. But I really don't know if that is true.

Pay

FAA Air Traffic Controller jobs are rewarding and the pay is good.
Starting Pay for Air Traffic Controller Recruits
(excludes locality pay rates)General Public*$17,046AT-CTI Graduates*$17,046Veterans Recruitment Appointment$33,100Retired military controllers$33,100Current or former Federal controllers$33,100
*Represents pay while completing entry level training at the FAA Academy. The pay increases to $33,100 after reporting to an assigned facility and continues to increase as each required developmental training phase is completed.

Hey guys is that pay scale for the time we are there or is that an annual pay scale? example 3 month class = 17,046 or 3 month class is 17,047/12 = 1420.58 per month x 3 = 4,260 plus the $79.20 per day reimburstment.

or in short we getting paid 17k or 4k for being there 3 months plus the reimburstment?

Annual salary while in OKC is 17k + locality, so basically you'd be getting the 4k. The per diem deal changed for the 2009 fiscal year and I'm not completely sure how it works now, so someone else can take care of that part.

Annual salary while in OKC is 17k + locality, so basically you'd be getting the 4k. The per diem deal changed for the 2009 fiscal year and I'm not completely sure how it works now, so someone else can take care of that part.
Yep. You have two choices for per diem: You can pay for your own lodging expenses up front and get reimbursed by the FAA later (requires your own cash). You will get the full 80 bucks/day. OR, you can have the FAA pay for your lodging (up to $49 something a day) and then you will only get the M&IE (meals & incidental expenses) portion of the per diem which is $30. It is YOUR OPTION. If you pay for lodging on your own you get to keep the difference.

Yep. You have two choices for per diem: You can pay for your own lodging expenses up front and get reimbursed by the FAA later (requires your own cash). You will get the full 80 bucks/day. OR, you can have the FAA pay for your lodging (up to $49 something a day) and then you will only get the M&IE (meals & incidental expenses) portion of the per diem which is $30. It is YOUR OPTION. If you pay for lodging on your own you get to keep the difference.

I hope your right, bc I plan on putting everything on my credit card for the travel miles.

Oh that's right, you're going to D10, why can't I remember that.

Only two more months, bet you're excited.

I happy about finally getting to go. Not happy about what I have been reading lately in the papers and news about the whole coverup. But I like the airspace and have a lot to look forward too.:D

I happy about finally getting to go. Not happy about what I have been reading lately in the papers and news about the whole coverup. But I like the airspace and have a lot to look forward too.:D

They've been hammering that story to death. Hopefully all that will be cleared up and put in the past before you get on site.

I work with this guy now that quit from D10 cause he said that place sucked. he said morale was horrible and overall it was a terrible work experience. Dont mean to rain on ur parade, just let you know to be ready I guess

Looks like you D10'ers will have amnesty if you self report your operational errors as of recent.

ATLTracon... is that the case with you guyz as well?

I work with this guy now that quit from D10 cause he said that place sucked. he said morale was horrible and overall it was a terrible work experience. Dont mean to rain on ur parade, just let you know to be ready I guess

Well it can't be any worse than some pilots complaining all the time!! :sarcasm:

Congrats...S905:nana2:

To clear all this up VRAs actually only get the signing bonus if they have been controlling traffic for the past 52 consecutive weeks (VRA in my class missed the cut off by 6 weeks). The FAA is now MANDATING that if the place you are staying takes credit cards you MUST pay with the FAA credit card they provide you and you only recieve the $30 for food etc. (I suggest looking at craigslist.com prior to coming here, there are alot of people who have posts for FAA students explicitly and you usually stay in a better area than the FAA recomended housing and since private homeowners don't take credit cards you get the whole 80.4 in per diem)

Your wage doesn't include locality so says the FAA, so how reliable is that, but it works out to about $9.50 an hour so with me taking out for 5% TSP and benefits i make $525 per week not including per diem.

I hope this was helpful.

Sub is right about the per diem. You do get your locality. I am currently making roughly 10.82 an hour, but I am going to the San Fransisco area of CA when I get out of here.

Back