Academy Basics/Terminal Class - 9/8/08

Re: Academy Terminal/Basics Class - 9/8/08

I am looking foward to my 24 hour drive frm Spokane. :drool: I did the drive straight through from Spokane to Altus, Oklahoma while I was on Active Duty, but I don't think I will try that again. I plan on taking two days to get there on Saturday.

Haha...I grew up in Altus.

I haven't gotten my date, I had a small arrest on my record so my security check is delayed, but I am looking at an 18 hour drive from here.

Haha...I grew up in Altus.

Good old Altus, LOL. I spent about four months there, can't say I miss it, since it was so hard to find stuff to do there besides hanging out at the Altus Cultural Center.

Good old Altus, LOL. I spent about four months there, can't say I miss it, since it was so hard to find stuff to do there besides hanging out at the Altus Cultural Center.

They didn't have a Dairy Queen or Sonic? :laff:

I haven't gotten my date, I had a small arrest on my record so my security check is delayed, but I am looking at an 18 hour drive from here.

Just poppin in to say word to Oak Hills...I am about 5 miles away in Phelan. Did you request Norcal tracon or did it just happen?

Just poppin in to say word to Oak Hills...I am about 5 miles away in Phelan. Did you request Norcal tracon or did it just happen?

Word Up! Serrano C/O 04 lol.... Anyways, Phelan sucks but serious we have to kick it some time. NorCal just happened, but my friends dad is a sup there so that may of had a little to do with it i don't know. I have a lot of CTI stuff for ATC so if you want we can get ready for the basic knowledge part of OKC

I haven't even gone to a PEPC yet, I just saw where you were from and figured I would say Waaaazzz up. I moved down here about 2 years ago from the central coast. I just filled out my geo pref letter the other day and in the comments section requested ZLA. I am praying I will get to stay here as there is no way I could sell my house in this market. Who knows though, we may wind up overlapping in OKC, that would be kind of cool.

I don't want to do too much preparing until I at least get a tol though. I wouldn't want to Jinx it, right?

I don't blame you, but don't forget we in the desert have ZLA, PSP, Palmdale Regional, VCV, Gen. Fox Tower, Mohave, and High Desert TRACON.

I don't blame you, but don't forget we in the desert have ZLA, PSP, Palmdale Regional, VCV, Gen. Fox Tower, Mohave, and High Desert TRACON.

Aren't ZLA, Palm Springs, and High Desert the only FAA facilities though?

I did note that my second choice would be High Desert Tracon, however I think palm springs would be too far to commute, so at that point I might as well go somewhere completely different.

I have seen them hiring for Mojave on monster.com before I think, but they paid like crap and didn't have the training or benefits that hte FAA offers.

Brenda Rogers just called and offered me 9/8. Just waiting for my FOL now.

I did note that my second choice would be High Desert Tracon, however I think palm springs would be too far to commute, so at that point I might as well go somewhere completely different.

I have seen them hiring for Mojave on monster.com before I think, but they paid like crap and didn't have the training or benefits that hte FAA offers.

High Desert Tracon is in Edwards, almost on the AFB. The other towers may be contract, I just haven't heard anything saying that they aren't with the exception of Mohave.

Do you guys know your official report day at your facilities? I'm trying to get an idea of how long the OTS terminal training takes. Thanks!

OTS terminal will be 13 weeks, which is 5 weeks for ATC Basics (Level 1) and then 8 weeks of tower cab training

If you are terminal and going to a TRACON you are only looking at 11 wks at OKC.

Back