Academy Basics/Terminal Class - 9/8/08

The red sox are on espn. I'd rather stay in, watch the game, and be prepared for more learning tomorrow. I'm not gonna blow this either. :nana2:

wait till you get done with basics and you have to be in the classroom ready to learn at 6am =)

I heard from a controller who went through the academy 20 years ago that parking is a #####. Is it better now?....or do you recommend staying somewhere that is on the bus route.

depends. I have to get there before 6 so parking is nver that bad, but when you have to be there at 7 it's significantly worse. For the 330 people it's not that bad. As for the bus, a few people from my class rode the bus. That didn't last through the first week. They were getting home an hour after class let out and they only lived 10 minutes away.

Speaking of which I will be coming from NY and won't have a car, is there a lot people around that will car pool or whatever, if you help pay for gas or whatever?

I'm pretty sure they'll be off the 3 shift rotation by the time we get to initial tower training. A couple weeks ago they were in the process of switching back to 2 shifts making the shifts back to 0700-1530 & 1530-2400 since we have the 6 new cabs. Have you heard anything Chris?

Brutal :banghead: But Gerri (sp?) was a little entertaining with her EEO presentation.

Hey just curious...is she a black woman??? We had one at Cirque and she was a freaking riot...I think it was also a little funny because we were at the Sex show in Vegas talking about...If you do not have to take you clothes off for the show then you should not be naked backstage!!!!! I don't remember what her name was but her presentation was great and totally personalized!!!

Hey just curious...is she a black woman??? We had one at Cirque and she was a freaking riot...I think it was also a little funny because we were at the Sex show in Vegas talking about...If you do not have to take you clothes off for the show then you should not be naked backstage!!!!! I don't remember what her name was but her presentation was great and totally personalized!!!

She is and is also pretty fit. I thought she was great too. During the EEO brief she told everyone how she loves Victoria Secret lingerie and muscle magazines but it would inappropriate to bring those magazines into work, a little TMI but funny.

Hey there guys...I'll be seeing you soon!!!! I start Thurs Sept 25th!!!! I am so excited!!!!!

Hey there guys...I'll be seeing you soon!!!! I start Thurs Sept 25th!!!! I am so excited!!!!!

How did you get a class date so soon...you've only been waiting a few weeks?? JK:)

I'm happy for you. The wait is finally over...congrats!!!

Class first night out in Bricktown

Several of us went out for our first of many adventures in Bricktown last night. We visited several bars including the Rok Bar which had a sweet 80's cover band which rocked the house. Here are some pics taken on my phone(why they are so blury).

All of us made it home safely, LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 167
Back