Academy Basics/Terminal Class - 9/8/08

bloomer

Is there anyone else attending the September 8th Terminal Basics class? Just trying to get a thread going to meet up before class starts.

Re: Academy Terminal/Basics Class - 9/8/08

I am 'tentatively' scheduled for 9/8, but no FOL yet. My buddy was also given the 8th.

Sweet that is possibly two then. Are you driving down?

Have you secured any housing yet? I have a two bedroom reserved at the Isola Bella. I had someone else set up but his plans just fell through.

$35.00 a day per person.

I'm also scheduled for the 8th. Hopefully that date will stick but i've got a feeling it won't.. Crossing my fingers that i'm wrong.

I was going to drive down because I hate not having a car. But now I am questioning whether or not I want to drive for 26 hrs. Driving down would probably be fun, but I would dread the ride back...especially if I have to report to BOS within a day or two.

I am staying at Citadel Suites, one bedroom for $40. I chose this one b/c it got pretty good reviews, shopping within walking distance, gym, pool, social Fridays (free beer night I guess), first stop on academy shuttle route (in case I decide not to drive), and free breakfast M-F (that should save me a few bucks).
They also said they would work with me if my class date changes.

She said she still had a few one bedrooms left for that date if you are considering different housing due to lack of roommate now.

Sweet that is possibly two then. Are you driving down?

Have you secured any housing yet? I have a two bedroom reserved at the Isola Bella. I had someone else set up but his plans just fell through.

$35.00 a day per person.

Just an FYI, make sure you have transportation Isola Bella is not on the bus route and Student Services told me it may be quite awhile before they are.

I was going to drive down because I hate not having a car. But now I am questioning whether or not I want to drive for 26 hrs. Driving down would probably be fun, but I would dread the ride back...especially if I have to report to BOS within a day or two.

I am staying at Citadel Suites, one bedroom for $40. I chose this one b/c it got pretty good reviews, shopping within walking distance, gym, pool, social Fridays (free beer night I guess), first stop on academy shuttle route (in case I decide not to drive), and free breakfast M-F (that should save me a few bucks).
They also said they would work with me if my class date changes.

She said she still had a few one bedrooms left for that date if you are considering different housing due to lack of roommate now.
Did you have to put down a deposit? That's where I was looking at staying..

I'm also scheduled for the 8th. Hopefully that date will stick but i've got a feeling it won't.. Crossing my fingers that i'm wrong.

Welocme and good luck, hopefull we will see you Monday morning. :rawk:

Just an FYI, make sure you have transportation Isola Bella is not on the bus route and Student Services told me it may be quite awhile before they are.

Thanks, I already plan on driving my truck and I asked them the same question. Do you know someone who is there, any reviews? I am looking forward to their gym and 5 swimming pools, especially the indoor olympic one.

Did you have to put down a deposit? That's where I was looking at staying..

No deposit. You have to give a credit card number to hold the spot for you. If you have to cancel, you must do it more than three days before your reservation. If you cancel less than 3 days before you are supposed to be there or don't show, they charge your card a $100 inconvenience fee.
They do not put a hold on your card at all.

I finally found a roommate off of Craigslist for my two bedroom at the Isola Bella. He will be attending our class also. :rawk:

I'm also tentatively scheduled for 9/8/08, but haven't received my FOL yet.....the waiting game continues.

How many of you out there have received your FOL for 9/8/08?

Currently waiting FOL for this class, HR rep offered it to me this week but have yet to get FOL.

i stayed at citadel and the bus usually switches the route each day, so every other day you get home first, but sometimes you might be last or 2nd to last. but in the morning you are always picked up at that time (within 5min).

I'm currently at the Academy and staying at the Fairways at Moore. My roomate is finished 9/6, so I'll have an extra room. It's a fully furnished two bedroom apartment, $60/day ($30 each). You'll be hard pressed to find a place cheaper or nicer.
Included is free golf at the Moore Golf and Athletic Club (my apartment is actually on the golf course). The Fairways is also on the Academy shuttle route which is a plus. Please let me know if anyone's interested.
http://www.lindseymanagement.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?type=apt&id=106&city=Moore&state=OK

ttt, anyone added to our class? I am excited for my 11-12 hour drive on the 6th so I can get a little settled in on Sunday to watch opening Sunday NFL!!

I am looking foward to my 24 hour drive frm Spokane. :drool: I did the drive straight through from Spokane to Altus, Oklahoma while I was on Active Duty, but I don't think I will try that again. I plan on taking two days to get there on Saturday.

I am looking foward to my 24 hour drive frm Spokane. :drool: I did the drive straight through from Spokane to Altus, Oklahoma while I was on Active Duty, but I don't think I will try that again. I plan on taking two days to get there on Saturday.

bloomer that is probably a good idea, I am planning on little breaks every 2-3 hours and making sure the ipod is fully loaded.

On a side note the lady at the citadel suites said they don't work on Saturdays but my keys will be taped to my door!? Does that seem a little :crazy: to anyone else?

Back