Academy Basics/Terminal Class - 9/8/08

Still no FOL or Date yet, haven't asked, but I did get a letter "asking" me if I would mind Stockton Tower..... :panic::banghead::panic:...... I just want to get in I can attempt to Transfer later...

I just got my 8 Sept. OKC/FAA welcome packet yesterday via FEDEX. Only a couple of forms and a packet of information on classes, places to stay, bus routes, etc.

It looks like the Isola Bella where I am staying is now on the bus route and has a continental breakfast. :rawk:

Still no FOL or Date yet, haven't asked, but I did get a letter "asking" me if I would mind Stockton Tower..... :panic::banghead::panic:...... I just want to get in I can attempt to Transfer later...
SCK should be a better place to start out, dont you think?
mix of a few IFR on the ILS approach with mostly VFR traffic

Yeah, it is a much better place to start with a mix of about 300 operations per day, mostly VFR, some IFR and a few Military, we have CANG on the field so those weekend warriors may be fun to deal with.

Are we going to organize some type of group before we head down there? I know some classes have done a facebook group which is a possibility. Of course I am not volunteering to setup said group, just asking for peoples input :)

This sucks, I just lost my roommate since he got rescheduled for 21 Oct. :(

Is anyone still looking for a place to stay, I have a two bedroom reserved at the Isola Bella starting 6 Sept. The cost is $70 a day so we can split it at $35 a day. It is one of the newest and nicest places to stay with 7 pools and a full gym. It is also now on the bus route and has a free continental breakfast for students.

Please reply or PM me if interested!

http://www.apartmentfinder.com/details.aspx?aptid=101803

http://www.academy.faa.gov/ama100/apartments.asp

We should get together Saturday or Sunday night before class for a few beers or maybe watch some football on Sunday at a Sports Bar. Let me know how this sounds and I will try and get something going before we all get on the road.

I am in, I am planning on getting into town on Saturday early enough to catch the UFC that night if anyone cares to watch that. Otherwise Sunday is all day football

My thoughts; Liddell by takedown defense/striking, Franklin by conditioning/well roundedness, Yoshida by superior judo ;)

Back