AA Hiring

I mean the posting said what they were looking for yes? Dispatch certificate, 4 year degree or multiple years experience and so on... after the basic requirements they’d likely be looking for whether or not they think they can stand to work with you for the next 30 years or not and whether or not they think you will add value to the operation or not. Maybe sprinkle in some networking and some form of management or coordinator/sector manager/superintendent of dispatch or whatever you want to call it experience. Just my opinion though, and I don’t work there

Rumor had it they are hiring 30 for one class and possibly a pool for the future. Although the classroom can theoretically hold 30 students, good luck with OJT for these guys. Offers did go out this week from what I heard.

On a somewhat related note, AA today also put out a posting for more Sector Managers. Rumor has it in addition to the 6 sector managers that went back to the floor from the bridge in the last class, even more likely put in for the job this time and may have gotten it. If that's true, that would be at least 8 and possibly more than 10 sector managers that have come off the bridge to the floor in the past two years. (FYI, I don't recommend putting in for the position as a backdoor way into dispatch.)

What does a sector manager do at AA? Are they part of the union?

Rumor had it they are hiring 30 for one class and possibly a pool for the future. Although the classroom can theoretically hold 30 students, good luck with OJT for these guys. Offers did go out this week from what I heard.

On a somewhat related note, AA today also put out a posting for more Sector Managers. Rumor has it in addition to the 6 sector managers that went back to the floor from the bridge in the last class, even more likely put in for the job this time and may have gotten it. If that's true, that would be at least 8 and possibly more than 10 sector managers that have come off the bridge to the floor in the past two years. (FYI, I don't recommend putting in for the position as a backdoor way into dispatch.)

There was a post a while back that showed a pay scale that seem to indicate Sector managers start at $33k a year, is that true? I thought about putting in for it until I saw that...that's a significant pay cut from my current regional...

Sector Managers are L5 management. Should start around $60-70k before any adjustments and bonuses from what I remember.

$33k is L1 pay if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sector Managers are L5 management. Should start around $60-70k before any adjustments and bonuses from what I remember.

$33k is L1 pay if I remember correctly.

Current payscale shows $75k starting for level5

"Dispatch certificate, 4 year degree or multiple years experience"

What does the OR in this mean? Are they OK with a 4 year degree and only 2 years of experience then?

Back