AA Hiring Aug 2021

Anyone that took the interview/test hear anything yet? Guess no news is good news if not.

I was thinking about asking the same. I heard the first class potentially starts in December. hoping to hear something soon so everyone could prep accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said at the opening of the interviews that the last round was conducted last Wednesday (Oct 6th), that they had conducted 250+ interviews for 30, potentially 60 spots.
The avg test takes 15 minutes for them to grade.

they were still grading tests as of Monday (Oct 11) following the last interview. They also said that more than likely nothing would be put out in terms of calls for offers, pooling, or TBNT till week and half after testing/interviews had been conducted. Seems like earliest they would start calling/emails is Oct18, which then they will start process of backgrounds, finger prints, etc with the start datebeing Dec 8.

My understanding is that they called everyone for the December and February classes on Friday.
I’d guess that they will not officially close the posting until drug tests and background checks clear.

My understanding is that they called everyone for the December and February classes on Friday.
I’d guess that they will not officially close the posting until drug tests and background checks clear.
Literally no one I know has been contacted, and most everyone I know has 7+ years of experience…

Literally no one I know has been contacted, and most everyone I know has 7+ years of experience…

That might be why they haven't heard anything. these days dispatch departments take many years of experience as a concerning thing. Especially if its at a regional ore multiple regionals in a long span. i know how that sounds (idiotic) but atleast that's what its seeming like these days. There's a thread about that in one of these forum things..i cant remember which one but yea...the 7 years to making it to a major is taken as a red flag perhaps..

That might be why they haven't heard anything. these days dispatch departments take many years of experience as a concerning thing. Especially if its at a regional ore multiple regionals in a long span. i know how that sounds (idiotic) but atleast that's what its seeming like these days. There's a thread about that in one of these forum things..i cant remember which one but yea...the 7 years to making it to a major is taken as a red flag perhaps..
That’s not the case at all. None of us have job hopped. I’ve, personally, only been at 2 airlines, my first being a regional. 5 years at my current, 2 of which are COVID years. Those I associate with are the same - we have clean resumes and we are great, very knowledgeable and professional employees. Not to toot our horns, but if they have skipped on any of us, they’ve truly missed out on some phenomenal candidates. Sounds to me like if this information is correct, they’ve only hired regional…

That’s not the case at all. None of us have job hopped. I’ve, personally, only been at 2 airlines, my first being a regional. 5 years at my current, 2 of which are COVID years. Those I associate with are the same - we have clean resumes and we are great, very knowledgeable and professional employees. Not to toot our horns, but if they have skipped on any of us, they’ve truly missed out on some phenomenal candidates. Sounds to me like if this information is correct, they’ve only hired regional…
Sometimes things just don’t go your way through no fault of your own, so keep at it.

Back