AA hard landing with injures in Maui (1/27)

Looks like initial inspection was done, now a field trip is planned for the company mechanics to do a more thorough check.

I took 76's in there at night. You need to plant it but being able to turn it is nice. All joking aside. It's a challenging airport at night. If they don't find potholes in the runway like in Kona though, then the Kona thing is on airport operations.

Lol I spent most of the day out by runway 20 the other day in OGG where there were various locals watching at any given time. Dunno which way they were landing, but u hope someone got a video. Even in the 767 fuselage fractures and the like, I don't recall any or all in a cabin jumpseat ever being injured in a hard landing vs a crash landing. Very much looking forward to reading about the details later.

Imagine being a nonrev in OGG and watching it slam that hard. RIP.

I'm gonna come out and say it. The landing was hard and the FAs saw an in on getting OJI. Do they need to be in better shape medically to fly and do their duties than a passenger on the way back home? Yes. Are they actually injured? Unlikely. I see this every.stinking.day. at my desk job. Multiple FAs come off a flight injured where zero customers were injured. The 4-5 FAs were in a 5 point harness and the 220 customers were tied into their seat with a glorified rope. GMAFB.

There...literally my first rant on FAs. I think most of them are amazing.

I'm gonna come out and say it. The landing was hard and the FAs saw an in on getting OJI. Do they need to be in better shape medically to fly and do their duties than a passenger on the way back home? Yes. Are they actually injured? Unlikely. I see this every.stinking.day. at my desk job. Multiple FAs come off a flight injured where zero customers were injured. The 4-5 FAs were in a 5 point harness and the 220 customers were tied into their seat with a glorified rope. GMAFB.

There...literally my first rant on FAs. I think most of them are amazing.
I can only imagine all the ish you see go down on at the GO.

Had a male FA get punched in the back, which I’m sure did hurt. When I checked on him, he was standing in the aft galley with no issues …but then get got taken off in an aisle chair/stretcher in the jetway…yep, milking that for all its worth.

At a certain virtual airline, pilots were reminded via memo that it’s a CA’s call whether a landing was a hard landing. Not the 2 FAs sitting in the very back of the plane.

At a certain virtual airline, pilots were reminded via memo that it’s a CA’s call whether a landing was a hard landing. Not the 2 FAs sitting in the very back of the plane.
Don't your airplanes have g-meters connected to digital FDRs? If six people were claiming to be injured it would seem reasonable to download the FDR and verify what happened and at that point is the captains opinion still the final arbiter despite the other evidence?

Don't your airplanes have g-meters connected to digital FDRs? If six people were claiming to be injured it would seem reasonable to download the FDR and verify what happened and at that point is the captains opinion still the final arbiter despite the other evidence?

14 CFR 121.344(a)(5) and a bunch of others.

Obviously if there injuries then it’s a definite write up for suspected hard landing.

I mean landings at a place like SNA where a FA complains about a landing was hard, and then the flight crew just writes it up (whereas if the FA didn’t say anything, the crew wouldn’t have).

Back