The answer is get 787s

_74982321_line976.jpg

Recorded incidents
The following table shows extracts of some of the most critical safety reports submitted by crew to the CAA.
Date Airplane Title Details

12/08/2014 Boeing 767-300 Mayday declared and aircraft returned due to acrid fumes on flight deck. Decision taken to return to departure airport. Fireman on entry stated acrid smell was obvious and strong. Captain made a PA informing customers we would be returning to departure airport due to a technical problem, but he didn't want to give them too much information on the incident... Heathrow..

Tsk Tsk firemen. Where was your SCBA when entering a known/suspected smoke/fumes IDLH environment? Shouldn't have smelled that, on entry.......... :)

So, aircraft not only chemtrail the outside world, they also chemtrail inside the cabin as well?!?!?!?!

Y'all trying to kills us. Satan's helpers you all are! :eek2::eek::def:o_O:mad::fury::ooh:

I can appreciate Boeings approach to fuel efficiency by not using engine bleed air to save fuel. Suprising to me that it's more efficient to implement an electrical system that can power compressors capable of providing enough air for a large aircraft. There is no free lunch, the alternators/generators have an enormous load regarding required mechanical power. The aircraft I work on provide 100% fresh air so my opinion is moot when it comes to any aircraft that recirculates pressurized air.

Is there an oil reservoir on the compressor?

No mention in any of the design literature, which is far beyond what the FCOM has in it. Best I can find is," CAC bearing cooling air is supplied from the primary heat exchanger outlet and ducted to the bearing inlet"

TP

I can appreciate Boeings approach to fuel efficiency by not using engine bleed air to save fuel. Suprising to me that it's more efficient to implement an electrical system that can power compressors capable of providing enough air for a large aircraft. There is no free lunch, the alternators/generators have an enormous load regarding required mechanical power. The aircraft I work on provide 100% fresh air so my opinion is moot when it comes to any aircraft that recirculates pressurized air.
Surprising to me as well. It is highly likely it has more to do with cabin air and lawsuits moving forward. I truly believe that.

This stuff has disastrous ramifications for our entire industry. It's pretty scary. Everyone is essentially playing Russian Roulette.

The sad thing is, from the top down, everyone is between a rock and a hard place. If they do something about it, they are admitting there is an issue. The potential liability is insane. It would bring the air travel industry to its knees, and all of us with it.

I saw that demo. If I am Vietnam Airlines, what's my benefit for having someone abuse my $190M airplane for show? Marketing?
She's simply flying what she is perfectly and safely capable of flying. Tell me there's a commercial pilot on the planet who wouldn't have loved to be able to fly that routine (or the one below) just one damn time in their career.

At an international air show you'll often see many carriers flying in certain manufacturer's aircraft for display and you'll also see said manufactures flying a routine in some of them. It's marketing/sales/pr on both ends.

Last edited:
I saw that demo. If I am Vietnam Airlines, what's my benefit for having someone abuse my $190M airplane for show? Marketing?
Exactly. Same reason the original prototype -8 did a lot of it's testing in ANA colors - it was a plane that was supposed to revolutionize air travel and you want your name slapped on the side of it to show you've got the latest and greatest.

I've had several non-aviation friends tell me about this latest video and it's got millions of views on YouTube and will have many more with the coming of the Paris Air Show. Though personally I like the Farnborough demo with the touch and go better.

And even with practice sessions we're talking little overall wear and tear in the grand scheme of things - some extra gear and flap cycles, a few non-derated takeoffs. Compared to the olden days with crews doing their type training in the aircraft, and even your average new airplane introduction to an established airline with plenty of practice ops and proving runs, this one is living a pretty easy life.

Back