A36 Jet-Prop!!

abrutus

Amazing what boredom discovers...

"The Prop-Jet Bonanza" (http://www.tradewind-bonanza.com/)

A few of the more notable facts:

220kts TAS at 15,000ft
2,500fpm climb to 10,000ft
Take off in 580ft

and my personal favourite:

Land in 320ft

320ft? You've got to be kidding me! :eek:

Anyone had the honour?

:)

I talked to their sales reps in Oshkosh at AirVenture a few months ago. It's a pretty amazing conversion.

In addition to the impressive performance specs, it drops the noise level in the cabin down to that of an average passenger car.

Would I drop a half mil on the conversion? I don't know about that, but in any case, it's a sweet ride.

Cool airplane but the price tag is just not right for the type of airplane you are getting.

(Senior Member Now Hoorah)

Unless you're willing to fly overweight, I think you can fly about 90 minutes between fuel stops in the bo. No doubt its a cool mod though.

Unless you're willing to fly overweight, I think you can fly about 90 minutes between fuel stops in the bo. No doubt its a cool mod though.

90 Minutes its not bad... Everybody can enjoy a nice short break after 1 1/2 hrs of flying..... And as for flying overweight... Its an open question... DOes it really matters flying overweight when you have that much power to spare??....

They also have a pt6 conversion for the Baron as well.
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUsuario%5CCONFIG%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-US; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoBodyText2, li.MsoBodyText2, div.MsoBodyText2 {margin-top:0cm; margin-right:-9.0pt; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-US; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:70.85pt 3.0cm 70.85pt 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tabla normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Got this from their website: http://www.rocketengineering.com/

Our preliminary engineering data shows that our newest PT6 conversion will be an absolutely unbelievable performer with top cruise speeds of over 300kts. Climb rates of 5000 fpm are expected as well as take-offs/landings in less than 800ft.
The new turbine engines will lighten the aircraft by almost 150 pounds while adding 36 gallons of fuel (18gal behind each nacelle). It will also have dual 24 volt batteries and two 200 amp generators. With 500hp per side the aircraft will reach 25,000 in 8 minutes!<o:p></o:p>
:drool:....
Its true that for the ammount of money you can easily buy a Mitsubishi solitaire (per say) and get the same speed but with a bigger cabin...

Adrian Bg :)

90 Minutes its not bad... Everybody can enjoy a nice short break after 1 1/2 hrs of flying..... And as for flying overweight... Its an open question... DOes it really matters flying overweight when you have that much power to spare??....

Please listen to the other, more experienced hands who will surely reply - but I would say "yes".

Weight and balance issues.

Structural integrity on other components (landing gear, etc). kind of like a zero-fuel weight in a big airplane.

Manuvering speed at higher weights as well as stall speed, etc.

These are just the things on top of my head that I think could be an issue - again, the more experienced will surely weigh in and I am looking forward to their responses.

Please listen to the other, more experienced hands who will surely reply - but I would say "yes".

Weight and balance issues.

Structural integrity on other components (landing gear, etc). kind of like a zero-fuel weight in a big airplane.

Manuvering speed at higher weights as well as stall speed, etc.

These are just the things on top of my head that I think could be an issue - again, the more experienced will surely weigh in and I am looking forward to their responses.

:yeahthat:

Once you start flying outside the published numbers, you become a test pilot.....

Unless you're flying Ag planes, I just don't understand putting a Tprop on an unpressurized light single. If you have that kind of scratch get something where you don't need to stick a straw up your nose.

To each their own, though.....

Looks like someone got an STC for higher takeoff weights and 50nm less range(that's still along ride for no onboard head though). Off their website:

Comparison<!--webbot bot="Navigation" i-checksum="28592" endspan --><TABLE id=table1 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD align=middle>TurbineAir Bonanza</TD><TD align=middle>Standard B36TC Bonanza</TD></TR><TR><TD>Engine model</TD><TD align=middle>P&W PT6A-21</TD><TD align=middle>Continental TSIO 520UB</TD></TR><TR><TD>Horsepower</TD><TD align=middle>500hp</TD><TD align=middle>300hp</TD></TR><TR><TD>TBO</TD><TD align=middle>3,600 hrs</TD><TD align=middle>1,600 hrs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Length</TD><TD align=middle>29' 3"</TD><TD align=middle>27' 6"</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max Ramp Weight</TD><TD align=middle>4,068 lbs</TD><TD align=middle>3,866 lbs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max Take-Off Weight</TD><TD align=middle>4,050 lbs</TD><TD align=middle>3,850 lbs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Standard Empty Weight</TD><TD align=middle>2,800 lbs</TD><TD align=middle>2,820 lbs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max Useful Load</TD><TD align=middle>1,250 lbs</TD><TD align=middle>1,030 lbs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max Useable Fuel</TD><TD align=middle>112 gal (750 lbs)</TD><TD align=middle>102 gal (591 lbs)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Payload @ Max Fuel</TD><TD align=middle>500 lbs</TD><TD align=middle>439 lbs</TD></TR><TR><TD>Certified Ceiling</TD><TD align=middle>25,000 ft</TD><TD align=middle>25,000 ft</TD></TR><TR><TD>Take-Off Runway</TD><TD align=middle>700 ft</TD><TD align=middle>1,400 ft</TD></TR><TR><TD>Landing Runway</TD><TD align=middle>700 ft</TD><TD align=middle>1,300 ft</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max Climb Rate</TD><TD align=middle>2,500 ft/min</TD><TD align=middle>900 ft/min</TD></TR><TR><TD>Time to Climb (25,000 ft)</TD><TD align=middle>15 min</TD><TD align=middle>45 min</TD></TR><TR><TD>Long Range Cruise (25,000 ft)</TD><TD align=middle>225 ktas</TD><TD align=middle>185 ktas</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel Flow</TD><TD align=middle>25 gph (168 pph)</TD><TD align=middle>16 gph (96 pph)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max VFR Range (no wind)</TD><TD align=middle>950 nm</TD><TD align=middle>1,000 nm</TD></TR><TR><TD>High Speed Cruise (25,000 ft)</TD><TD align=middle>250 kts</TD><TD align=middle>195 kts</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel Flow</TD><TD align=middle>29 gph (194 pph)</TD><TD align=middle>18 gph (102 pph)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max VFR Range (no wind)</TD><TD align=middle>820 nm</TD><TD align=middle>954 nm</TD></TR><TR><TD>High Speed Cruise (18,000 ft)</TD><TD align=middle>225 kts</TD><TD align=middle>185 kts</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel Flow</TD><TD align=middle>31 gph (207 pph)</TD><TD align=middle>19 gph (114 pph)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max VFR Range (no wind)</TD><TD align=middle>750 nm</TD><TD align=middle>895 nm</TD></TR><TR><TD>High Speed Cruise (12,000 ft)</TD><TD align=middle>205 kts</TD><TD align=middle>181 kts</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fuel Flow</TD><TD align=middle>32 gph (214 pph)</TD><TD align=middle>19.5 gph (114 pph)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Max VFR Range (no wind)</TD><TD align=middle>640 nm</TD><TD align=middle>870 nm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Note: All specifications are based on preliminary flight test data and are subject to change without notice.

depends on how many people/bags you have one board, with full fuel it is like 4 hours of flight time

Tornado Alley Turbo advertises 220 KTAS for their turbo-normalizing STC, and it's only $45,000. Plus I can still bring the engine home and overhaul it in my garage. That sounds like a better deal to me, unless one just has to have that extra 30 knots.

If I could show you a Turbine Luscombe, is that something you might be interested in? (for all the Entourage fans)

3083.jpg

speedbir.jpg

Back