A36 Jet-Prop!!

Wow...

Why? :laff:

Not sure why - one story I heard was that Don Luscombe, back in the 50's, wanted to put a small turbine on the Luscombe 8 airframe. This example was done by the Don Luscombe Historical Society. It is a 150shp turbine and the airplane, from what I have read, performs like a Luscombe with a 150 HP Lycoming. I have some time in a 150hp Lyc. Luscombe and they kick tail. Not sure what the 150hp turbine costs, but I I imagine that for reliability, ease of getting fuel, etc it would be cool to have one. There was also a guy that put a turbine on a Great Lakes and another that put a turbine on a Bucker Jungmeister.

Anyone had the honour?

:)
I rode in one once, bank when Angel Flight West was doing in-flight orientations with new command pilots. We stayed local and did some ver basic maneuvers, so I didn't get a chance to see what it could =really= do.

how about a turbine super cub? [yt]ulU3VCgxC_g[/yt]

Video is no longer available, but right-on Adler! Also, is that one of the new Grumman Goose's in your avatar, or an older McKinnon conversion? Nothing is cooler on this earth that a Grumman Goose.

I don't know what's up with the video...it worked a second ago, maybe I formatted it wrong.

The goose is not one of the new Antilles Goose's, but one of 3 flying Mckinnons. It's a beast!

I don't know what's up with the video...it worked a second ago, maybe I formatted it wrong.

The goose is not one of the new Antilles Goose's, but one of 3 flying Mckinnons. It's a beast!

If I won Powerball, right after arranging a menage with Danika McKellar and Marrisa Tomei, I woud get an Antilles Goose.

My christmas wish is for a set of -15's on the Apache. The "Turbo Tater" Yeah Baby!

If you have the airframe, I will somehow get some turbines. I think a Turbine Apache would absolutely rock!

Seriously, I wonder what the little turbines cost? The one on the Luscombe is 150hp, so it would replicate, but probably not improve the Apache performance. Isn't there a small Allison, or Walter in the 200-250SHP range? That would make the Apache a hell of an airplane.

If I won Powerball, right after arranging a menage with Danika McKellar and Marrisa Tomei, I woud get an Antilles Goose.

You could have an intelligent conversation with Danica as well.

If you have the airframe, I will somehow get some turbines. I think a Turbine Apache would absolutely rock!

Seriously, I wonder what the little turbines cost? The one on the Luscombe is 150hp, so it would replicate, but probably not improve the Apache performance. Isn't there a small Allison, or Walter in the 200-250SHP range? That would make the Apache a hell of an airplane.

The last turbine I bought was a -60 P&W. It would be a little cost prohibitive with a price tag of $355,000 per side'.:):) Dont really know about the smaller turbines though. It really would make a good airplane even better.

That was in 1998 prices also. Sure they are up considerably.

The last turbine I bought was a -60 P&W. It would be a little cost prohibitive with a price tag of $355,000 per side'.:):) Dont really know about the smaller turbines though. It really would make a good airplane even better.

So you are saying that you wouldn't want to put $700k worth of motors on an Apache? Where is your sense of adventure!

I will look into little turbines and report back.

I've heard bad things about the Soloy Conversion for 207s with the allisons, I've heard though they cruise everywhere in the yellow arc, they're too fagile and they're too mx intensive for the performance you get. That's what I've heard about the allisons though, I don't know anything about the turbomeca conversions I heard they were trying to put on some GA birds.

I've heard though they cruise everywhere in the yellow arc, they're too fagile and they're too mx intensive for the performance you get. .

The bottom of the yellow arch becomes the redline in any turbine conversion, that is one of the main problems with the Bonanzas, 210s, Malibus, ect when they are converted. I have flown the A-36 jetprop before, it is a cool airplane. A friend of mine just sold one with the Allison engine and a 6 bladed prop. It was a really, really cool airplane.

Alex.

The bottom of the yellow arch becomes the redline in any turbine conversion, that is one of the main problems with the Bonanzas, 210s, Malibus, ect when they are converted. I have flown the A-36 jetprop before, it is a cool airplane. A friend of mine just sold one with the Allison engine and a 6 bladed prop. It was a really, really cool airplane.

Alex.

Really, that's interesting, is that in the STC paperwork, or is there a far for that?

The a-36 was probably a little rocketship wasn't it?

Really, that's interesting, is that in the STC paperwork, or is there a far for that?

The a-36 was probably a little rocketship wasn't it?

I'm not sure, but I think it is an FAR. I can't think of any turbine aircraft, other than helicopters, that have a yellow arch. The biggest problem with the Meridian is its very low redline. The A36 performed pretty well, but it is not an airplane I would want to own. The only reason this guy has one is because it is unique.

Aelx.

Back