A strange one. PC12 crash

99% sure this is him. Cross checked with the address business records. Not surprising…

fad6dca58328e4c7a729ed09352c4061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lord, who in this day and age has not opted to make their address/personal info private?

I can't think of a plane I've flown that less needs an SFAR. The MU-2 training is for circumstances in which that aircraft gets a little bit dicey. The PC-12 doesn't ever get dicey, and I don't see how the SFAR training would do anything to tighten the loose nut behind the yoke.

I can't think of a plane I've flown that less needs an SFAR. The MU-2 training is for circumstances in which that aircraft gets a little bit dicey. The PC-12 doesn't ever get dicey, and I don't see how the SFAR training would do anything to tighten the loose nut behind the yoke.
Idk, I just find the notion that a PPL with hp and complex endorsements can legally hop behind the wheel of a PC-12 and go for a spin to be … questionable at best.

But, the SFAR fixed (or at least tried to tighten) the loose nut behind the yoke of the mitsi. They very clearly proved, multiple times that it wasn’t the plane, it was the pilot and lack of training. The PC-12 is no better or worse than the person at the controls, and the recent rash of accidents suggest there’s a training deficit.

I mean if you own property it’s kind of pointless - your address is easy to find.

I'd just like to think that if there were a reason for me to be famous someday, it would make it a little harder for Skylar, a 23 yr old reporter, to find me during their extensive "research" using google and their personal friends for leads

But, the SFAR fixed (or at least tried to tighten) the loose nut behind the yoke of the mitsi. They very clearly proved, multiple times that it wasn’t the plane, it was the pilot and lack of training. The PC-12 is no better or worse than the person at the controls, and the recent rash of accidents suggest there’s a training deficit.

The PC-12 is a 172 with a turbine engine. It is a pussycat in every sense of the word. Literally no bad habits, it never flies in unstable flight regimes, it never exhibits bad behavior. If it is to simply fix the person behind the controls, then we have lost the usefulness of type ratings and type training in general, for all aircraft.

To put a finer point on it, there really isn't an easier airplane to fly on the planet than a PC-12.

I can’t wrap my head around an autopilot failure causing an accident like this!

As for the Bramlage flight, he was told by two people on the ground to not leave until the HUGE line of level 4+ thunderstorms had passed, he declined. Once airborne and flying directly into the line, ATC recommended a turn to the south to get around it. His reply was something along the lines of…I see a hole in front of me (not a quote).

We teach pilots to turn on the autopilot and not how to fly the plane!

The autopilot didn't cause this accident. They flew through weather and my guess is they iced the tail up, and the autopilot couldn't keep up. A tale as old as time unfortunately...

Back