A strange one. PC12 crash

Wardogg

Meat Popsicle
N357HE PC12 NG fell out of the sky from 26,000 feet.

Reports are a call came in they were “losing control.”

The vertical speed measurements off flight aware and the flight path are interesting to say the least

ADSB exchange has it at 30,000 fpm at the end.
And it shifts back and forth with climbs over 4000fpm and then the crazy descents. I was thinking got caught up in a thunderstorm but the radar loops I looked at appeared to have nothing in the area

The last? I don’t remember one straight and level falling out of the sky. I thought the last one was the one off the coast of NC lost in the clouds.

It wasn't the last one, but there was one in Florida a few years back that resembles this one. Guy lost control of perfectly good airplane at cruising altitude after the AP disconnected and overspeeded the airplane until it disintegrated in mid air.

The wings folded upward and the tip of one of them ended up breaking one of the fuselage windows. The passenger sitting at the window, the guy's son, was sucked out and ended up being found a mile away from where the rest of the fuselage impacted. Real nightmare fuel.

It wasn't the last one, but there was one in Florida a few years back that resembles this one. Guy lost control of perfectly good airplane at cruising altitude after the AP disconnected and overspeeded the airplane until it disintegrated in mid air.

The wings folded upward and the tip of one of them ended up breaking one of the fuselage windows. The passenger sitting at the window, the guy's son, was sucked out and ended up being found a mile away from where the rest of the fuselage impacted. Real nightmare fuel.

I flew that aircraft before it was sold. Really nice airplane.

This is the accident I was referring to:

Seems like there are a lot of these kinds of accidents with PC-12s. They all have the same cause. Disregard for basic safety procedures.

The aircraft is amazing and would be my choice if I had baller status money.

Here’s more operator error PC-12 crashes:

More of the same crash because the details are wild:

The list goes on but the PC-12 is a great aircraft and I’ve seen enough of these to already be sure of the current PC-12 mess cause. We’ll just have to wait on the details.

It’s sad we have to keep revisiting this cause and the lack of hubris of non professional PC-12 operators. With the current crash people are so emotional about it you’ll be banned or shouted down for saying it. I’ve already seen a social media post where someone claimed they went to church with the pilot and he was a really good pilot.

My theory is that he wasn’t a really good pilot. But only time will tell.

Pay for a charter or take the airlines. Don’t take a ride from the “really good pilot” in your church.

99% sure this is him. Cross checked with the address business records. Not surprising…

fad6dca58328e4c7a729ed09352c4061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not a perfect fix, but I would be all in favor of an MU-2 style SFAR (now 91 subpart N) for all normal category turbine powered airplanes.
Yeah, or at least a type rating. Some more meat on the bones of the high altitude and high performance endorsements might help too.

Yeah, or at least a type rating. Some more meat on the bones of the high altitude and high performance endorsements might help too.
Subpart N is basically a type rating with all the same recurrent requirements. The only difference is it doesn’t go on your certificate, you just have to carry the card with your pilot cert. They could basically copy and paste the language substituting “MU-2” with “turbine powered” and have a FAA mandated training requirement.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe an exception for the fixed gear high wing unpressurized turbine suburban lol

When I flew the Snowcone aka 208 you had to do a special "icing seminar" once a year. So there was at least some professional development and mentorship.

Back