757 A/T failure

To me, based on the duty pilot's tone, it sounded more like the guy had no idea how a pilot could become fatigued in the air. A vast majority of fatigue calls occur on the ground. As a result he was probably thinking about 20 steps down the road about how that could be a legal problem for them. The reality is that the crew was flying a delayed red-eye and had a take-off with a high workload event involved.
I don’t think he was confused how he got fatigued in the air, he was confused as to why a crew is ringing him up while flying an airplane that they’re fatigued lol. There’s nothing the duty pilot can even do that point because your flight is still in progress. And the captain clearly got led there by the awkward back and forth with the dispatcher essentially saying “looks good on my end, you can press on”. Easy to Monday morning QB it. He did the right thing giving ATL Radio a call and I think the call just didn’t really prove to be helpful. At all.

Idk how you come to this forum daily to get dogged on CC. Even Todd gave up after he made his rebirth.

tsANO1.gif

It might be too late to ask but what the • is a speed run

It's a term for people who play games with the intent of getting through them as fast as possible, often by using secrets, exploits, and unconventional inputs that allow them to bypass as much as they can.

For speedrunners, the game is the run, if that males sense.

Found it interesting he said they were late out of JFK…so cross country DH to operate a redeye back to JFK? Operating the turn wouldn’t be legal IAW 117.11 as that’s probably about 10 hours block roundtrip but would probably be a 12 hour duty day depending on when they reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found it interesting he said they were late out of JFK…so cross country DH to operate a redeye back to JFK? Operating the turn wouldn’t be legal IAW 117.11 as that’s probably about 10 hours block roundtrip but would probably be a 12 hour duty day depending on when they reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Probably built with a 12 hour day layover then operate later that night. That’s how these are usually built and end up going out to a poor reserve. Easy fatigue call for me.

But can you do an autoland? Not CATII or CAT III. A CAT 1 where the mins (Rwy 19 into RFD back then, 1800 RVR) require an autoland or HGS.
Hey, Don..

And that why I added the caveat in my post:

“about the only call would’ve been to dispatch with a conversation about whether or not we can legally land at the destination without auto throttles due to autoland capabilities etc…”

I can’t quite remember all the legalities and criteria for auto throttle requirements since I’m now 3 yrs removed from needing to know that info anymore. Most of my brain power nowadays is used up trying to improve my golf game.

Did this dude seriously ask to be on a collision course with Mt Diablo (well over 3000ft) to work out an issue (aka dig for a plausible reason to return)???? That's a scary lack of SA...at any level.

It's a term for people who play games with the intent of getting through them as fast as possible, often by using secrets, exploits, and unconventional inputs that allow them to bypass as much as they can.

For speedrunners, the game is the run, if that males sense.
Ah. I never put the video game reference together. Duh! Thanks!

I have thoughts, questions and concerns but since it’s in my own backyard, you’ll have to wait for Zoom or some sort of offline happy hour.

Back