709 Ride due to DPE Edward L. Lane investigation??

Looks like Jo Jo's DPE was pulled. He's no longer on the Las Vegas list. Senior is still on it.
Hmmmmm, I noticed that as well...I wonder what's going on in those parts? And who's going to do all the Sheble aviation checkrides?

Hmmmmm, I noticed that as well...I wonder what's going on in those parts? And who's going to do all the Sheble aviation checkrides?

Back in early fall they had a young DPE from LAS coming down to pick up some of the rides. JoJo was still giving rides then along with Sr. I guess they will have to start scheduling students more spaced out.

I was gonna go add a rating in Feb. Makes me wonder if it can get done in time. Dont want to stay a extra 3 days waiting for a checkride.

I was gonna go add a rating in Feb. Makes me wonder if it can get done in time. Dont want to stay a extra 3 days waiting for a checkride.
Call and ask. when I was there last january doing my CFI,there was a DPE who came down from Vegas to cover several rides.

I've tried calling them a few times this week, and I get no answer. I've left messages for a return call but haven't received one. Anybody know if they're still open or has talked to them recently?

Yea, I have. I sent an email about a week ago asking about their glider training. Talked to Eddie, said they don't have anyone in the Las Vegas fsdo that can give the exam so they dropped it from their courses list. I enjoyed my training out at Sheble and those guys really can examine. Joe Joe was a examiner I look up to as a guy I want to be one day. He knows his stuff and he follows the pts to the letter.

This isn't right!

I got my commercial with them in July with senior, and it was by the book. Perhaps it was because they are under so much scrutiny, but it was no different/easier than any of my other check rides.

Anyone know if Joe Joe or Senior exams are going to be requiring 709 rides? I really want to know why Joe Joe isn't on the examiner list anymore.

Back