3/31 OKC-terminal

Good luck to you tower people! I am heading to the Indy Center. I don't get to OKC until May 8th, though.

I'll be there and I'm going to IND tower too. I know a supervisor there, he said there's four of us going at the same time... Where do you guys live? I'm in Danville.

I live on NW side of indy and work at fedex right now. If neither one of you is named Josh then he would be our 4th.

YEAH! I'm 3/31 Terminal too! Trying to contain my excitement cause it's still a long wait. I've booked a place at Walnut Gardens. Browsing these forums and other online reviews sites it seems like a decent place to stay. Maybe not THE BEST in all aspects but certainly less of a hassle and I want to live around other FAA students. Might be fun to have "Halo" or "Rock Band" nights! What about you guys, where are you staying?

I'm bringing a car and it's gonna be a 3 day trip down from Washington state. My poor car will have an extra 4,000 miles on it driving down there and back! But I hear it's worth it to take a car. And she's a Subaru so she'll be fine!

I live in Indy, just NW of downtown, inside the circle, about 15min from the airport, currently working maintenance on SWA.

Moses Lake. Same as "Slayer" who has quite a few posts here. I think he's in OKC right now. Not too thrilled about Moses Lake since I've lived in Federal Way and Bellingham all my life. The flat, small town, farm land area doesn't seem too exciting to me but oh well. It's not my choice but I'll make the best of it!!

You got Seattle you lucky punk!! That's certainly where I would have preferred about hopefully Moses Lake will be a slower-paced, better learning environment for me.

I'm assuming you're from WA, where have you lived?

Moses Lake. Same as "Slayer" who has quite a few posts here. I think he's in OKC right now. Not too thrilled about Moses Lake since I've lived in Federal Way and Bellingham all my life. The flat, small town, farm land area doesn't seem too exciting to me but oh well. It's not my choice but I'll make the best of it!!

You got Seattle you lucky punk!! That's certainly where I would have preferred about hopefully Moses Lake will be a slower-paced, better learning environment for me.

I'm assuming you're from WA, where have you lived?
I grew up down in Salem but I've lived in the Tacoma area for the last 11 years. You'll be busy over at MWH, that's where all the C17s from McChord go to practice assault landings and such. I'm a loadmaster on them in the reserves so I get to (read: have to) go along while they bounce off the runways. Rather boring if you ask me. Boeing does a lot of stuff out there too and I think JAL has some pilot training on their 747s there (it may have moved, I think I heard something about it being contracted out or something). But at least you're going to an up-down. Oh and it's not a 24-hour facility so you got that going too lol.

Oh and it's not a 24-hour facility so you got that going too lol.
Oh really, I didn't know that. Certainly a positive! :)

Both my parents work for Boeing so yeah, they told me it's used quite frequently for testing.

I'm slated for 3/31 as well! any of you guys gotten your FOL, or was it just a verbal confirmation?

I'm slated for 3/31 as well! any of you guys gotten your FOL, or was it just a verbal confirmation?

SWEET!
I think I got earlier notice than most. I received verbal confirmation on Dec. 31st and my FOL a couple days later.

Hmmm, I would normally think that's strange strykr but then again it is the FAA.

Also, I see that you have June 24th as your end class date in your sig. Now I'm not 100% certain but I was guessing that we have May 25th off as a holiday for Memorial Day which would put us ending at June 25th. This is a Thursday and it seems like other people have ended on Thursdays too so that they get their one day off (Friday) and then the weekend to get moved to their facility. Just a guess though.

hEY Strykr, what tower is that on your photo? Looks exactly like FWA....just wondering.....and to answer your question from yesterday, i got my verbal Dec 19, and got my Fol i believe was Jan 5........also, i've heard somewhere that the people who were going to start on Mar 31st were ending on June 17th? I'm not sure about that, i really don't care......just keep paying me, and giving me per diem, and i'll stay there as long as they want.

Well, for me at least, my FOL says 62 classroom days. So I definitely won't be done June 17th. Unless I'd have to go to class on the weekends!:crazy:

I also got my FOL on Jan. 5th. So maybe they lump everybody together from the past month and send out FOL's all on one day. I wouldn't worry yet.

Back