3/31 OKC-terminal

Hmmm, I would normally think that's strange strykr but then again it is the FAA.

Also, I see that you have June 24th as your end class date in your sig. Now I'm not 100% certain but I was guessing that we have May 25th off as a holiday for Memorial Day which would put us ending at June 25th. This is a Thursday and it seems like other people have ended on Thursdays too so that they get their one day off (Friday) and then the weekend to get moved to their facility. Just a guess though.

Yeah, that 6/24 was just based off the schedule that I found on the website for initial tower cab training starting 5/4 which is the same day we are supposed to end terminal basics.(doesn't make sense, but the 25th does.) My wife finished basics and started cab the next day...

hEY Strykr, what tower is that on your photo? Looks exactly like FWA....just wondering

its Roanoke, which is where I'm heading!

do any of you guys know where you're staying yet?

i could have sworn someone at HR told me the terminal was 28 class days? Or is that because i'm going to a tracon only(SCT)

Well maybe Basics is 34 days and Terminal is 28. 34+28=62 total classroom days. I dunno:confused:
Basics is 25 class days and Tower cab is 37 day sooo... 25+37= 62 class days(at least our answers match!). Mancubuss, your info could be correct, I'm going to an up/down and I'm starting with tower, so I don't know how long your RTF will be.

Basics is 25 class days and Tower cab is 37 day sooo... 25+37= 62 class days(at least our answers match!). Mancubuss, your info could be correct, I'm going to an up/down and I'm starting with tower, so I don't know how long your RTF will be.

yeah basics is 25 classroom days for everyone regardless of where your going

I think i'm leaning to staying at Warren House, but have not made any arrangements yet. I'll have to send you a pic of FWA, it's the exact same design and look as Roanoke....my first Tol was to FWA, then i was able to have them change it to IND.

i could have sworn someone at HR told me the terminal was 28 class days? Or is that because i'm going to a tracon only(SCT)
TRACON-only does the 25 days of basics and then a short (9 days) intro to radar class (course 50055001) and that is it.

i'm CTI so i don't have to go to basics, so how long would i go? ironically i had asked if i could go to basics if i chose to (didnt learn much from CTI) and i was told i can't

I got verbal on Jan 5 and was told 2-3 wks for FOL.
I called back around week four and was told 2-3 weeks.... .... .... ....:banghead:

Ive had almost exactly the same experience. I'm still waiting for the FOL, and have been told verbally that I'm slated to be in this class.

Every time I've spoken to my rep Ive waited the time period she gives me, and then called back. Almost on cue, she then gives me a new time period to wait.

I love it. Ive turned it into sort of a fun game. Before she picks up, I place bets with family members on the new time period I will be given. Will it be 4-5 days? 1-2 weeks? 2-4 weeks? 6-8 weeks? Nobody knows! Place your bets now!!!!
Either way, it would be nice to have some sort of a definite answer as to how firm this class date really is.

Ive had almost exactly the same experience. I'm still waiting for the FOL, and have been told verbally that I'm slated to be in this class.

Every time I've spoken to my rep Ive waited the time period she gives me, and then called back. Almost on cue, she then gives me a new time period to wait.

I love it. Ive turned it into sort of a fun game. Before she picks up, I place bets with family members on the new time period I will be given. Will it be 4-5 days? 1-2 weeks? 2-4 weeks? 6-8 weeks? Nobody knows! Place your bets now!!!!
Either way, it would be nice to have some sort of a definite answer as to how firm this class date really is.

That stinks. I was aggressive and called them. I was verbally told I would be in the 5/8 class. I got my FOL 3 days later. THEN, I was called last Wednesday and they asked me if I would be willing to move to the 4/15 class. Obviously, I said yes. I got ANOTHER FOL 3 days later. So, in the time you have been waiting I actually got 2 FOL's.

My advice would be to be even more aggressive.

That stinks. I was aggressive and called them. I was verbally told I would be in the 5/8 class. I got my FOL 3 days later. THEN, I was called last Wednesday and they asked me if I would be willing to move to the 4/15 class. Obviously, I said yes. I got ANOTHER FOL 3 days later. So, in the time you have been waiting I actually got 2 FOL's.

My advice would be to be even more aggressive.

Yeah I could push it a little more, but I dont want my file to end up in the shredder. :buck:
Ive spoken to a few others with the same rep and all are reporting just about the same situation. So at least I know its not just me.
I do however know of another 3/31 person with a different rep, who got their FOL 5 days after verbal confimation.

TRACON-only does the 25 days of basics and then a short (9 days) intro to radar class (course 50055001) and that is it.
I remember someone saying they're sending the tracon only folks to the full radar class after basics so now i don't know.

Yeah I could push it a little more, but I dont want my file to end up in the shredder. :buck:
Ive spoken to a few others with the same rep and all are reporting just about the same situation. So at least I know its not just me.
I do however know of another 3/31 person with a different rep, who got their FOL 5 days after verbal confimation.
I know of two or three that are 3/31 and haven gotten their FOL yet either. Who's your POC?
USAF, I would like to see a pic of that tower.

Ya I am still waiting on mine because my drug test expires 2/13. originally when i found out that they expire after 6 months i emailed my rep and said what do i do? hr said "i will let you know" a month goes by and i email again "WHATS GOING ON???" hr said "oh I cant give you your FOL until you take your drug test again. you should have already taken it if not call these people".... nice... so thats all taken care of now. next week hopefully I will get it. Keep on your HR reps guys I don't think they have much interest in helping us out along the way

what ive found out is dont email, call call call, ive emailed so many times and never even got a response...i called and they told me my drug test expired and i took a new one two days

what ive found out is dont email, call call call, ive emailed so many times and never even got a response...i called and they told me my drug test expired and i took a new one two days
WHAT!?!? they expire even though we are slated for a class!?! When did you guys have your PEPC, or did you go traditional? I had my PEPC 17 nov. should i be worried? I mean technically I'll be in class prior to mine expiring...??

oh im sorry i didnt mean to scare you, i went to the July PEPC, mine expired in january, i got verbal confirmation a couple of days AFTER i retook mine...they told me you cant get FOL without having an unexpired one...so i'd imagine so long as you get your FOL before 6 months ur fine

Back