3/31 OKC-terminal

A friend who just graduated in December directed me towards her apt. complex, and I'm going to try there. They want the three months up-front, but I'll get my whole per diem, and she recommended it and the staff.

Thanks for the info! I can't WAIT to get there! Coming from Vegas, so a couple days drive I'd imagine.

Surely there are more than just us in this class, right? I'm a little confused on the classes- are there many rooms all starting on the 31st, or are we all just one group starting on the 31st?

May I ask what apartment complex she recommended?

The Lodge on The Lake Apartments...405-495-2077.

Here's the deal...
To rent a three month lease, they require all three months paid, up-front.
Studio - $359/mo. plus $13 water = $372 x 3 mo. = $1116 on move in. There are units available, and there is a minimum $100 deposit required (more if poor credit), and a credit app must be completed ($35 money order or check, overnight since time is running out!).

All said and done, about $1250 and your paid through the end of your training. Also, she was there in winter with the heater on full the whole time. Her utilty bill was less than $100/mo, so during our time there it should be less.

Washer/Dryer is in a community area (laundromat on premises). Staff is very friendly and the reviews don't do it justice. After she recommended it, I checked it out and nobody had anything nice to say. She said the residents and staff were great, even when she fell down some steps (hardcore) and needed help.

Hope this helps!

FOUR!
4planesA.gif

Since we have this forum there's pretty much nothing new in it. Oh well, at least it's good to know they're expecting me!

Alright guys, I'm all packed up and ready to start my long trek to OKC tomorrow! I'll be leaving Seattle Thursday morning and driving about 10 hours/day for 3 days. I should arrive Saturday night which will leave me a couple days in case of car problems or just give me extra time to explore OKC. I'm super exited to start! I hope everyone has a safe journey there and I'll see you Tuesday! :D :D :D

Thank you, sir. SAME TO YOU! I'll be leaving on Saturday! Watch out for the cops on the way- I hear they're not very forgiving.

D

I just rolled in to OKC, nightmare drive down I 40. They sent my welcome packet a little late and it is in WA state somewhere. Is there anything in that packet that I need to know? What time does class start on Tuesday? What building is it in? Any other information would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks in advance.

I just rolled in to OKC, nightmare drive down I 40. They sent my welcome packet a little late and it is in WA state somewhere. Is there anything in that packet that I need to know? What time does class start on Tuesday? What building is it in? Any other information would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks in advance.

I'm in Albuquerque for the night, should be there tomorrow. Here's the info on the class- report to the Security Command Center Building (SCC Bld 230) at 7am for processing your student ID, then proceed to Radar Training Facility Building (RTF Bld 25). Instructors will inform us of our class hours/shifts.

Student parking is allowed in the lots North and East of the Headquarters Bld. Use the far left "visito" lane when entering on the first day and plan to arrive at least 30 min early.

Any other info...dress code, or anything? Good luck! See you there.

Thank you so much, I think I've read the dress code is business casual so I'm good there. I was in Albuquerque last night, had to wait it out there because I 40 was closed due to the blizzard. We waited for 3 hours today on the highway for them to reopen I 40, it was awesome. It is bare and dry now so you should be good. I'm just glad I finally here!

I was in Albuquerque last night, had to wait it out there because I 40 was closed due to the blizzard. We waited for 3 hours today on the highway for them to reopen I 40, it was awesome. It is bare and dry now so you should be good. I'm just glad I finally here!

Ohhh I know what you mean! I came down from Kansas yesterday and it was terrible! Wasn't sure if I was going to make it and considered getting another hotel. But I really didn't want to spend FOUR days driving so just pushed through and it got better thankfully.

Today my Dad and I first went to the FAA Academy entrance. Really easy to find and a short distance from where I'm staying (Walnut Gardens). Btw, my 1 bedroom here is really nice and will suit my needs. But anyway, we talked to the guard at the gate and asked for tips. He basically didn't give anything new; just arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before and stay far left to park at the visitor's place. Same as what others have said before.

After that we headed toward downtown and accidentally ran into Bricktown and decided to stop. I'd heard of it before but didn't really know anything about it. So we parked and walked around for hours. It's a really cool place and looks like it has GREAT nightlife! After that we headed back home and later went out to the mall and grocery store. Oh and along the way we stopped at a neat looking place that has go-carts and mini golf. Also there's a couple big waterparks. Overall looks like a pretty cool city!

Good to hear, positive info. I've been here for a couple weeks on business before- bricktown is great! Mickey Mantle Steakhouse is awesome, a bit pricey, but very good. There's a cool Mexican restaurant by the entrance to Bricktown, also very good.

Anyway- I'm here, staying at a TravelLodge I ran into on the way into town until I get my apt. tomorrow. I think I'm going to go find a Target...

Back